2 way vero board?

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, March 10, 2005, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

any such monster exist? i think the reason we all love vero board so much is because you don't need to bend leads everywhere... so has anyone heard of a board that has a grid, instead of lines? I think that having a hole at every intersection and then just cutting away any un-needed traces would be very, very convenient... :wink:

TheBigMan

I have seen something that's kind of half way between vero and what you describe.  I think it's called tripad board and it's meant for easier mounting of DIL ICs onto the board.  I think it was at www.maplin.co.uk that I saw it.

MartyMart

I used some of that "TRI-PAD" board and found it very frustrating, in that every three "holes" are connected, then theres a trace "cut" ... they never seemed to be in the "right place" on the layout and I ended up with
"jumper" wires EVERYWHERE !!!!  man it was a MESS ....
It also made the build "twice" the size it could have been, not good for a
hammond 1590B  !!

I think that "stripbaord/veroboard" is much more flexible, you make the
"cuts" in the tracks where you need 'em  :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Nasse

I have done one project with something like what they call "SOLDERABLE PERFBOARD, IC PATTERN" and it was very strong and reliable looking epoxy

It was two dual opamps, lots of resistors and caps and two 555 circuit, two identical channels

I put it in big box so size was no problem, but perhaps this kind of construction is not best for tight stompbox project

But I was happy with the result and it was quite easy to do the plan, lots of jumper wires
  • SUPPORTER