The Meaning Of Life ...

Started by Torchy, March 10, 2005, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fret Wire

Torchy, glad to see everything worked out well. :)   :)   Good to see you back, amazing what happened. :evil:   You have nothing to apologize for IMO. You turned a lot of people here on to vero, and best of all, many commented on how they understood the ckt workings better as a result. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

mojotron

Torchy - don't sweat what you thought you had to do at the time. Anyone who's had to deal with legal issues like this would totally understand. And anyone of us would have done likewise.

Thanks for enlightinig us.. Welcome back...  :D

squidsquad

Here's lookin at you kid!  And hopin your troubles are behind you. I love happy endings!

hilbi

Welcome back Torchy!

Respect!
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

MartyMart

WELCOME BACK TORCHY !!  :D

If there's anything you need, legal help or otherwise, just let me know ..........  I MEAN IT !

My "business" involves music/copyright/legal contracts ALL THE TIME and
I know some fantastic legal people, so DO NOT WORRY !!
These people do not have a single hope of stopping you or anyone else
from making a  "layout" of a circuit .......   DUH !

A million thanks for all your hard work and patience, you've made my
understanding of a circuit - flow  much much better !!  Cool  :D

Hope to see you back here as normal very soon mate !

Regards,
Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

col

I'll reinforce a BIG Welcome Back!!!!

Surely the whole point of a DIY forum is to be DIY with whatever is available. Most of the circuit boards available are in the US, I use stripboard as it's easily available in the UK almost anywhere and I'm not an expert in circuit layout so I find it the easiest option for me as it's easy to follow the signal path around the board. It is also very cheap and makes alterations easy as it stands up to a degree of re-soldering/ desoldering. I can also design layouts to fit what components I can get hold of! I have always done my own stripboard layouts but Torchy's made this unnecessary and why shouldn't he post them for others to use? Other people have posted stripboard layouts before and will continue to post them in the future. It is unlikely that the actual components used will be excatly the same as the original maufacturer or designer intended as some of the available circuit boards I have looked at would not fit the components I can get hold of here. This is especially true for capacitors which can be all shapes and sizes for the same value. I have had to modify some of Torchy's layouts to fit what I have - does that mean I've infringed on his work, added to it, devalued it, improved it, or just followed DIY ethos? It could be all or none of the above!

Again, a big welcome back!

Col
Col

Oliver

Hi Torchy,

:D  :D  Im so glad to see, that You beared against misfortune!!!

:wink:  You got it!

bye

Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Rob Strand

QuoteApparently the rate at which I was doing layouts was too quick for someone, and as an example, sales of his Tubescreamer pcbs had "fallen thru the floor" once the layout was verified. Other layouts of extremely popular schems had started to bite his profits, and sales of his mods, kits and other pcbs had allegedly been hit. I explained my position. The mails got more serious.

Why explain anything at all?

How can there be any legal grounds for action?  There is almost nothing copyrightable at all regarding veroboard layouts!

You have been bullied and you gave in - that's how the bad guys win.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

mat

Oliver

Quote from: Rob Strand
QuoteApparently the rate at which I was doing layouts was too quick for someone, and as an example, sales of his Tubescreamer pcbs had "fallen thru the floor" once the layout was verified. Other layouts of extremely popular schems had started to bite his profits, and sales of his mods, kits and other pcbs had allegedly been hit. I explained my position. The mails got more serious.

Why explain anything at all?

How can there be any legal grounds for action?  There is almost nothing copyrightable at all regarding veroboard layouts!

You have been bullied and you gave in - that's how the bad guys win.

Hi Rob,

as You can see, there are always people out there, who think they own world for themselve.
I think that no one has the right to claim the market of PCBs for himself.
What will they do, if someone suddenly creates his own PCB Layouts and sell them?

thats free market economy - and it wouldnd go to pass off them...

I think thats it what Torchy has made himself aware.

I dont know who they are, but im shure they read here and know, what they have done wrong...  :twisted:

cu
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

sovtek50

Damn...I'm not so naive after all, but I thought this forum was our little paradise island, with everybody helping each other out and no flaming and shit, apart from a little fulltone-dissing and minor arguments about z.vex-pedals. As it turns out, there's some assholes around everywhere, or like we say in Germany..."The nicest man can't live in peace if his next-door-neighbour doesn't like it." ...or something like that.
Anyways...welcome back Torchy.
A circuit a day keeps the therapist away.

snap

Quote from: Torchy
A very good man was receiving disgraceful treatment for trying to help. I pm'd Aron immediately to explain, and anyone who sent me a pm got the same explanation.

what became out of that guy?

Phorhas

Hey man, glad it turned out alright :)

IO have'nt been here for a few days and I'm happy to see that you're back :)
Electron Pusher

D Wagner

Torchy,

I am glad that you are back, and were so kind to explain the situation.  I am also relieved that the attacks on you weren't from the community here.  As others have stated, I see no need for an apology from you.  You were wise to seek legal counsel under such circumstances, though.  

So let us consider CRP to now stand for Courageously Resuming Production.

Derek

octafish

Good to see you're back, glad you haven't left the forum. Take no guff from these swine.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

jmusser

I'm a big Mark Hammer fan, so I'm not going to bash him, but he could learn an awful lot from the way you handled yourself. That's the way a gentlemen conducts himself! Glad to have you back Sir.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

H.Manback

I've got one word to describe this

WOW :shock:

As many have typed before, it's really unbelievable what some people can come up with in their small bully like mind... I can understand perfectly the cautious approach you took, and I am especially glad you found legal advice! To be honest, I don't think I have seen your site, and I haven't been a regular visitor here that long, but after reading this I felt I had to write a response.

Good luck, and welcome back!

sir_modulus

YAY!!!! WELCOME BACK TORCHY!

Now listen up. No little f/x builder has the right to buy you about any crap like that. It is stuff like your layouts that got people started into this whole thing...and besides, do they own the pedals?!?!? NO! technically it's the big company that actually designed it that could be complaining, but they obviously are not. Don't let this affect the way you post, etc...

Cheers,

Nish

Ge_Whiz

Yeah, welcome back Torchy.

I appreciate the nightmare of what you've been through, and am glad to see you back. Stay with us.

However, being a git of both the old and vengeful kind, I'd sure love to know who threatened you, just so we could collectively kick his arse and help to put him out of business, the asshole. It's rich, ain't it, being threatened by someone who sells 'Tubescreamer (TM)' PCBs?

Sorry, it's just that your explanation puts me in a 'smiting' frame of mind. Ah, I feel better for that.    :evil:

Dragonfly

Quote from: Ge_WhizIt's rich, ain't it, being threatened by someone who sells 'Tubescreamer (TM)' PCBs?

:) thats why i mentioned in the "p*ssed" thread that i'll have a Tubescreamer veroboard layout available soon...just to get under the guys skin   :twisted:

...plus, i didnt know whether Torchy would be back anytime soon....

Andy