The Meaning Of Life ...

Started by Torchy, March 10, 2005, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casey

Welcome back sir.  Maybe this guy can sell a veroboard kit with everything in it to make a tubescreamer.....if you cant beat'em join em.

if i was that fella, i think that's what i would have done....

anywho...glad to have you back....thank you for all of your hard work.

ALSO- look guys..i know youre hyped over the veroboard stuff...but slow down on torchy.... if you'll wait, you'll see your design that you are wanting come out sooner or later....  

"HOW GOOD AND PLEASANT IT IS FOR BROTHERS TO DWELL IN UNITY..."
Casey Campbell

amonte

Wow.  That's some crazy sh*t.  Glad to have you back, Torchy.

vanhansen

Welcome back, Torchy.  Thank you for the explanation and sharing that with all of us.
Erik

David

Quote from: jmusserI'm a big Mark Hammer fan, so I'm not going to bash him, but he could learn an awful lot from the way you handled yourself. That's the way a gentlemen conducts himself! Glad to have you back Sir.

Jeff:

Mark is still around, and a gentleman to the core.  I think you might be referring to the dear departed Doug H.  I'd say he's basically a gentleman as well, but has chosen to separate himself from the DIY world for reasons not disclosed to us...
...temporarily, we hope!

At least we have Torchy back!  Let the DIY orgy begin!  Oh, wait -- it hasn't stopped!   8)

Wild Zebra

WELCOME BACK!!!
I'm very new here and I've never even done a veroboard, but I know
what an ASSET you are to this community!!!!

ready to strip

"your stripes are killer bro"
"your stripes are killer bro"

GreenEye

That is rather ironic, someone who is not affiliated with Ibanez that sells Tubescreamer PCBs getting mad that you may be taking business from him.  Shit, can Ibanez even sell the damn pedals anymore with their extreme prices and all of the kits, PCBs, layouts available?  I hope it's not the guy I buy my boards from, but he doesn't seem to do it for a major profit.

I've been wanting to do some of your strip board layouts; they look well thought out.  Glad it's back.  I think I'll start with the tube screamer.

al3151

Quote from: D WagnerSo let us consider CRP to now stand for Courageously Resuming Production.

Derek

There ya go!Keep up the good and VALUABLE work,Torchy 8) .

To the victimizer- Consider your ways :x .

LivingDeadPunk

Welcome back, what happended to you is a real shame  :twisted: , thank you for the explanation.

Keep up the good work man!
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

radio

I just must admit that I wouldn t have had your courage.:oops:

For that reason  and your devotion to DIYers all

around the world , you are my hero!

Greetings   JMErnzer
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

EdJ

Welcome back Torchy!
I am happy with your work.
Greetings,Ed

lightningfingers

Glad you didn't let this guy drive you away for good. Welcome back Torchy 8)
U N D E F I N E D

Mark Hammer

j,
At first I was wondering what I did wrong, but perhaps the observation that you confused two folks with a second initial of "H" is the explanation.  Happens to me all the time.  No hard feelings.  Doug can be found intermittently over at Ampage these days and I do believe I've seen him here recently too.

A great many folks who frequent this forum now are perhaps too young or too recent to remember that an incident somewhat related to Torchy's was actually what prompted the birth of this forum.  Aron is certainly not going to dredge up this rather unpleasant past, but for a while all of what happens here in the way of discussion took place on the effects forum over at Ampage (still around but not nearly as much traffic).  Aron was an enthusiastic tyke and had graciously served as moderator over there as traffic started to ramp up enough that Steve T-Boy Morrison needed some help.  Then someone whose identity I don't know (but who probably did not use a name in their postings) started to essentially harass Aron.  It got serious and very personal after a while. After a certain point, Aron just said "Screw it" and left Ampage to start up another forum after a bit of a well-deserved hiatus.  That forum eventually morphed into the one you know and love and contribute to.

I'm not telling you this to suggest that such events always have happy endings.  Rather, faceless electronic communication (which I've commented on more than once here) can often bring out attributes in people that are unpleasant and unlikely to be characteristic of they way they comport themselves with friends, family and coworkers.  People who are otherwise decent can get nasty, callous, abusive, vindictive, and stray far from the standards of behaviour they expect of others in everyday life.  The scary thing is that it can happen to any of us here (being victim OR victimizer) if we don't watch ourselves and recognize the way electronic communication can sometimes twist us.

It's sad to hear Torchy's story.  I like to think the best of people always, and am always saddened when it turns out not to be true.  I'm just glad that somewhere in there is a happy ending.

Torchy, Doug, and all of you....let's get back to work.  There's a world of music to be mined out there, and it needs our strong backs and dedicated hearts to get done.

As for me, I'm gonna go deaf tonight.  My kid and I are off to see Shonen Knife.

javacody

bluesdevil

Torchy has a lot of class, no doubt about it.... I wish him good luck with whatever he decides to do.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

CS Jones

Jeez, I'm still struggling with that "matteringness" thing and now I've got to contemplate this thread's title too? It's hopeless for me now :)

What a weird thing to have happen to you Torchy.
Outside of the hobbyists, the "for fun" guys and the DIY guys the whole stupid entry level world of pedal building for profit seems a little pathetic and desparate. Pushy, childishly competitive, ego driven (and such fragile egos at that) etc...at least from my very limited perspective. Looks like you received a little push yourself.
Glad to hear you shoved back.

Remember that stray cat that found me 5 years ago Torchy?...she says "Hi".

Take care,
Clay

brad

I've been meaning to ask; what program is being used to make the stripboard layouts?

It was posted in a different thread, but was replaced by "crp"!

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RLBJR65

Richard Boop

MartyB

This is probably a hack of this quote but "Nil bastardum carborundum est"  loosely translated from latin to "don't let the bastards get you down'.  Glad to see you 'back on your tracks,.

MartyB
8)

David

Clay:

I hope you're back too, and not just visiting!
Now we just need Hammond back...   8)