The Meaning Of Life ...

Started by Torchy, March 10, 2005, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javacody

The veroboard layouts were (I believe) made in paint. Torchy used to have a link up to where he got the template. I'm sure if you PM him, he post it.

Doug_H

Glad to see you back, Clay. :wink:

Doug

Fret Wire

Welcome back Doug, nice to see everyone is back. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

CS Jones

Looks like this whole freakish thing that happend to Torchy sort of woke the sleepers. I got turned on to it by a little birdy from here  :wink: ...was so disgusted by it that I thought I just had to chime in for support.
Hi again, guys.

(sidetrack Pete did you get that VibraChorus partial schem I sent you? I finally got that thing finished. It took so long because I was trying to draw an "EZ" type schem so that it would be easier for the less experienced of us to actually build the thing. The switching was kind of involved, for me at least. I'll try to get the thing posted on here within a week or two. Hey, maybe Torchy can build a vero board for it... it's a big 'un though - I think it would just about take up all the space in my old Bobby Sherman lunchbox).

Vsat

Great to hear yer back, Torchy! Apologies completely unnecessary!
Regards, Mike
(used Veroboard a lot in 1980's)

David

Quote from: Fret WireWelcome back Doug, nice to see everyone is back. :)

Yeah!  HAMMOND IS BACK TOO!

Hey, Torchy!  Firefly on Vero!

LET THE DIY PARTY CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   8)  :twisted:  :lol:  :!:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

Fret Wire

Clay, I was a little confused, now I'm embarrassed :oops:  I had 12 Jax pics on my HD that I thought were from you. I checked my yahoo account, and there's your email with the partial schem + pics. My apologies for not writing right back, especially considering the trace work you've done. I'll pm you later about an amp question.

Sorry guys, back to our regularly scheduled program. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

gotdabluz

Quote from: javacodyThe veroboard layouts were (I believe) made in paint. Torchy used to have a link up to where he got the template. I'm sure if you PM him, he post it.

I believe what you are looking for can be found here:

http://www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Prac/vero/vero.html

looks like the same stuff Torchy uses in his layouts

--SG

adgators89

Welcome Back Torchy!

All of us here who use this forum to gain knowledge, help each other, and provide support are glad that you are back.  I myself just joined not to long ago and saw how fast you were doing layouts.  It takes time to do them and when you are doing them because they are fun and for yourself, that is one thing.  Then you started getting requests and man your site doubled like nothing.  I am just happy to have you back here and to know that all is well.  Keep up the good work and if you feel like doing more layouts that would be awesome1  If you need time to relax - that's cool to.  Just glad to hear you stuck up for yourself.

"Git R Done"

back to my project now :lol:

javacody

Look at this, Torchy's plight has brought back people who we all thought had left.

Strange how things work out sometimes, isn't it?

Fret Wire

Quote from: gotdabluzI believe what you are looking for can be found here:

http://www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Prac/vero/vero.html

looks like the same stuff Torchy uses in his layouts

--SG

Good link. 8)  I just started a thread on vero layouts so people can learn to do their own.
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?p=211291#211291

I put your link on. Anyone else have any? It would be nice to have all the links on one thread. Should be fun to have that "unknown person" watch everyone learning to do vero layouts.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

rubberlips

Quote from: Mark Hammer
A great many folks who frequent this forum now are perhaps too young or too recent to remember that an incident somewhat related to Torchy's was actually what prompted the birth of this forum.  Aron is certainly not going to dredge up this rather unpleasant past, but for a while all of what happens here in the way of discussion took place on the effects forum over at Ampage (still around but not nearly as much traffic).  Aron was an enthusiastic tyke and had graciously served as moderator over there as traffic started to ramp up enough that Steve T-Boy Morrison needed some help.  Then someone whose identity I don't know (but who probably did not use a name in their postings) started to essentially harass Aron.  It got serious and very personal after a while. After a certain point, Aron just said "Screw it" and left Ampage to start up another forum after a bit of a well-deserved hiatus.  That forum eventually morphed into the one you know and love and contribute to.

I'm not telling you this to suggest that such events always have happy endings.  Rather, faceless electronic communication (which I've commented on more than once here) can often bring out attributes in people that are unpleasant and unlikely to be characteristic of they way they comport themselves with friends, family and coworkers.  People who are otherwise decent can get nasty, callous, abusive, vindictive, and stray far from the standards of behaviour they expect of others in everyday life.  The scary thing is that it can happen to any of us here (being victim OR victimizer) if we don't watch ourselves and recognize the way electronic communication can sometimes twist us.
I've been away for a long while, noticed that Arons site had moved from Ampage but didn't know the reason. Actually I thought arons site was somewhere else even before Ampage??

One of the first things I noticed of the forum was how people conducted themselves and were so helpful - everyone helping each other where they knew the answer. Even with peopel who think they're question in dumb - the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

I still believe after all these years that it still holds true. It is a shame where people can hide behind a keyboard and yet abuse people - that's just gutless.

The thing I find ironic is that the person with the tubescreamer PCB's is ripping off Ibanez anyway - why don't we set Ibanez on his arse?? :evil:

All the best Torchy - keep up the vero layouts mate!

I leave you with this quote:
So many arseholes - so few bullets  :wink:

Pete
play it hard, play it LOUD!

StephenGiles

Hi again Torchy - a bit late in the day, but I've been busy since well before this blew up. I'm sure you will agree that it never ceases to amaze me how some children can get so aggressive over a sodding fuzz box!! Veroboard on..................
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

RDV

I'm starting to get a bit misty here, almost verklempt(talk amongst yourselves). This is like one of those old Hollywood happy endings.

:wink:  :wink:

RDV

MartyMart

Quote from: RDVI'm starting to get a bit misty here, almost verklempt(talk amongst yourselves). This is like one of those old Hollywood happy endings.

:wink:  :wink:

RDV

Hmm, Ricky "verklemmpt" - "inhibited" from German and can also mean
"frigid" ! though I doubt you mean that  :wink:

Just say what ever youre feelin 'Bro !!   :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Eric H

Quote from: rubberlips
Actually I thought arons site was somewhere else even before Ampage??
Your memory is good.
Quote from: StephenGiles
I'm sure you will agree that it never ceases to amaze me how some children can get so aggressive over a sodding fuzz box!!
Indubitably
Quote from: RDV'Im starting to get a bit misty here

You still can't have my Bud Lite, Ricky.
;-)

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

RDV

Ever click on a dancing guitar playing Banana?

RDV

MartyB

That bananaphone gave me schpilkus in my gonnecticazoink.

Welcome back DOUG H!

Martyb

javacody

ring ring ring ring ring bananaphone...

David

Quote from: javacodyring ring ring ring ring bananaphone...

This thread is starting to lose its "a-peel"!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: