boutique '69 fuzz DIY'ers.. Which enclosure?

Started by powerplayj, March 10, 2005, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

What size enclosure did you mount this pedal in?  I bought an Eddystone 'BB' Size enclosure which looks like it may work if I place the pots in semi-circular config.  I just want to make sure this box isn't too small before I start.  I plan to include the LED and DC jack.  I'm not worried at all about replicating the appearance of original pedal.  I just want to keep it small but neat.  Thanks
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

dosmun

I built one in a BB size box PLENTY of room.  You could fit this into a smaller enclosre if you wanted to.  The Fuzz Master is a 69 fuzz with added tone control.

aaronkessman

ive got mine in a BB too. plenty of room since the actual circuit board is like a one inch square.

petemoore

About the right size/weight to 'hold itself down'...anything much less than that, IME, and the cable tips the box...and we can't have 'the tail wagging the dog'...!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

powerplayj

Quote from: dosmunI built one in a BB size box PLENTY of room.  You could fit this into a smaller enclosre if you wanted to.  The Fuzz Master is a 69 fuzz with added tone control.

Thanks guys.  I love the paint on the Crazy Cat.  I'd like to do something like that but, with a psychadelic look
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

dosmun

QuoteI love the paint on the Crazy Cat

It is just a pattern I got from this site:

http://www.abcgiant.com/cgi-bin/browser/browser.pl?action=browse&cat=backgrounds&page=2

I used a T shirt transfer for it.