sweep frequency responce/spread

Started by ESPm2M, March 12, 2005, 04:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPm2M

... OK, so I ripped the bottom rubber stopper off of my vox wah shell so the pedal has greater travel. The shell houses an extensively customized version of the ggg mod-wah. I now have two issues:

1. The effective sweep seems to have remained in the area of the original range of motion. In other words, as I move the pedal towards the heel-most position it goes in the the nasally tones but then after a point, at which would have been the approximate end of the original heel-ward pedal travel, it doesn't get any more nasally or dark - there is just a half-inch of uselessness in the travel now.  How can I expand the effect's effective travel in terms of the new greater mechanical travel and the Hot Potz II that is in there?

2. My second issue is one that has been mentioned here before, but the previous suggestions have not helped and I now need help in light of the new mechanical travel of the unit. The mid range of the sweep is very "quick", or "short", and peaky.  I need the frequency range to be more even through out the sweep.

I previously found information from this thread but need more ideas: http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=15855&highlight=wah+sweep

any ideas?

many thanks!

ESPm2M

yano

generally the effective "action" of a pot can be altered by the resistors that may be in series with the pot, giving it a "default" offset. So if you find nothing special happens in a section of pot travel, the reason lies in the total resistance. Maybe this will point you in the right direction? good luck.