Cheap component deals in the UK

Started by MartyMart, March 13, 2005, 07:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

www.fastcomponents.co.uk
They have a great deal on 100 small poly caps ( £4.99 ) and also tantalum and electro cap deals too.
Resistors also available in a 1080 piece mixed bag for £9.99 !!  :D

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Johnny G

woot. resistors and caps for cheap :D:D:D
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

Fast Components

Hello chaps..

Thank you very much for purchasing from us at Fast Components. I'm very glad to hear good work getting around ;)

Just to make things better. We have been listening to comments made by people like yourselves and have some interesting new products coming soon. (not quite yet.. but we are almost there)

1/2W Resistor kit - Much like the current resistor kit, but some valve-amp guys and other audio enthusiasts say they need the bigger ooph kit.
Low cost Veroboards - Exactly as it says.
High frequency prototype boards - Needed by some guys doing signal processing work.

And of course you must know that we have 2 new SMD kits in stock which are ready to go now! If you do any mod work on modern circuits, these will defo come into play.

Anyway, I've ranted heavily so I'll quieten down now. But if you ever get a brainwave or want to tell us anything, please just drop us a note using the 'Tell us Something' box.

thanks again! Hope your projects are going well

FC.

Johnny G

Hey nice to see you here. im fairlly sure that we'll beable to come up with some ideas for things that we'll be wanting and needing.
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

KB

Just like to say.

Five days from order to arrival in Switzerland - thats FAST :lol:

Everything in its own garb bag.  All sorted and labeled.

They even sorted out a few missing electrolytic caps by replacing the entire kit.  

Very satisfied.

Kevin

nelson

Thats strange, I ordered from fastcomponents, got their electrolyte, ceramic, resistor kits, the other day, I am sort of just beginning in this effects DIY stuff although I have been repairing the odd valve amp for couple of years, and I needed to stock up on components, best deals I have found so far.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

I should add for suggestions, fastcomponents, try and source some IC's and transistors. for us DIY pedal types who have to rely on americans for them. Takes too long for delivery from the states. :x .
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Freddy205

I agree with you on that nelson. If there was somewhere in the uk that I could get all my semiconductors from it would be great and I would definatly use it!

MartyMart

Guy's, you can try www.Banzaieffects.com
Olaf Nobis runs it, he's very knowledgeable and carries a lot of IC's including CA3080E's for dynacomps etc.
Good prices/quick post from Germany too !
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

nelson

Cool, never knew banzaieffects existed, more expensive than small bear given the exchange rate, but faster shipping I'd imagine. thanks!
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Killer Queen

www.musikding.de is also pretty decent (despite being horrifically overpriced in some areas.)

Freddy205

Maplin is still best for enclosures and pots though, if only they would make their 1% metal film resistors cheaper and take a quid off the alpha stomp switches :-( And they have super fast (always next day with me) delivery.

Fast Components

Hello again!

Thanks for your support; we will be introducing a 1/2W resistor kit from a suggestion from some of our customers involved in building amplifiers and other kits. We are also re-introducing our BNC kit as well shortly.

Our SMD components which I suggested in my last posting are flying off the shelf at an alarming rate. Which is good for us, but is giving our Supply Chain & Shipping Managers a headache ;)

I've had a request for trim pot resistor kits and we are looking into this in the next product review.

Thanks again for your support and we hope you like our kits & services!

Regards
FC

ninoman123

Whats those prices convert to american dollars. Like 9.99 pounds is like...a billion american dollars now. Geeze we suck.

Fast Components

1GBP converts to 1.87877USD on an online currency exchanger.

This may vary depending on how you pay, I think that paypal has their own conversion rates, but they will be roughly this figure. :D