A "new" Dallas Rangemaster stripboard layout....

Started by Dragonfly, March 14, 2005, 02:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

I did a vero layout for the Rangemaster a while back, but i wasnt 100% happy with it...so i went back and redid it ! Its a smaller, more logical layout now. I havent verified the layout, but it should be just fine...i'm gonna build one with this layout in the next day or so in order to verify it...that is, unless you beat me to it !

BTW....i highly recommend using a socket and trying out various PNP germanium transistors with this circuit !

Enjoy !

Andy
Dragonfly FX

ESPguitar

Cool..

I used a AC128 with HFE 40-50.. Think i will change it to one with higher gain..:)

"Other experiences" with Transistors?
:D

Robin

RobB

RG's artical suggests an ideal hfe would be in the range of 75-100.   I used an AC128 with gain of 97, trimmed the collector voltage to -7v (as suggested in the same pdf) and am happy with the sound.  

RG's artical.  
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Rangemaster/atboost.pdf

Dragonfly

ideally it should be a transistor with a gain in the 60-100hfe range....

lower range would "work", but to get the most from it, some values would need to be modified.

and, speaking of "modified values", i just realized that the version i posted has a couple value changes from the original...ive made the corrections, and the diagram should update soon...my photo hosting site takes a few...

till then, if you want to build a "original" rangemaster, change...

*the 25u electros to 50u
*the .0068u cap to a .005u
*and the 4K7 resistor to a 3K9

andy

Dragonfly