feedback loop pedal schematic-need one...

Started by boydpost, March 14, 2005, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boydpost

Anyone have such a thing?   I've tried about 3 different links to the TSA tutorial that Ansil did and all of them lead nowhere. Can anyone put me on the right track or at least email me a schematic?
This is purely for my own fun and most definitely not for profit.  Thanks for the help.
Boyd
b o y d p o s t  </>  s o u n d d e s i g n  </>  c o m p o s i t i o n  </>  s u r r e a l s o f t w a r e

ESPguitar

Quote from: boydpostAnyone have such a thing?   I've tried about 3 different links to the TSA tutorial that Ansil did and all of them lead nowhere. Can anyone put me on the right track or at least email me a schematic?
This is purely for my own fun and most definitely not for profit.  Thanks for the help.
Boyd

Why with a loop??

Can't i make a pedal with just Feedback?

Any schems for this?

Thanks,

RB

boydpost

actually we may be talking about the same thing...Im referring to a circuit like that in the Death by Audio TSA.  It has no sound of its own per se, but rather uses other pedals in a loop and allows the user to control the amount of feedback.  There were a bunch of posts regarding this type of circuit but none of the schematics or pages they refer to are currently valid.
b o y d p o s t  </>  s o u n d d e s i g n  </>  c o m p o s i t i o n  </>  s u r r e a l s o f t w a r e

cd

Sam

I've made a schematic for a fx-loop pedal with a switchable feeback loop. Though I haven't actually built it yet it should probably to work.

Just remove the fx-loop switch and you'll have something that will work like a Death by Audio TSA.

Schematic: http://photobucket.com/albums/y8/JSam/?action=view&current=fblooper.bmp
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

LivingDeadPunk

Hi Bodypost,

First check this out: http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=134

Then: http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?p=211785#211785

Hope it will help.

Quote from: espguitarWhy with a loop??

Can't i make a pedal with just Feedback?

I don't think so, you need the loop in order to create the feedback, it's a passive FX not at all similar to a Boss DF-2 for example, there is no board, components, no battery or power supply, it is just wiring.
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

boydpost

Thanks for the schematics guys.  I'm definately going to create something like this.  I guess I'll wind up making the one in the experimentalistsanonymous forum simply because it has pictures and I'm somewhat of a beginner.  Are all these circuits pretty much the same?  I noticed the value of one pot being 250k and the experimentalistsanonymous one said to get a 500k pot - whats the practical difference here?
Thanks again for the help.

LivingDeadPunk

Quote from: bodypostAre all these circuits pretty much the same? I noticed the value of one pot being 250k and the experimentalistsanonymous one said to get a 500k pot - whats the practical difference here?

Yes they are pretty much the same, some got LEDs some haven't, but the sound should be the same.

250or 500kk, just try and experiment, use the one you prefer.

Note: If you do the anonymousexperimantalist  one there is a mistake in the last photo 789 and 456 are reversed, 456 should be in the middle and 789 on the right.

Have fun
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein