midi footcontroller - how do you set it up?

Started by tele_guitarist, March 14, 2005, 10:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tele_guitarist

Hi - I'm looking for a guide or website detailing how to hook up a midi effects controller to a rack effect. I realize this may be the wrong place to mention it, but does anyone know of such a website by chance?
Thanks!

bwanasonic

Well it pretty much would be specific to which footcontroller and which rack effect you are talking about. I would try to find the manuals for the hardware in question. Actually I would just fart around with the buttons until I got it working, and if that failed then I would look for the manual.

Kerry M

tele_guitarist

Quote from: bwanasonicWell it pretty much would be specific to which footcontroller and which rack effect you are talking about. I would try to find the manuals for the hardware in question. Actually I would just fart around with the buttons until I got it working, and if that failed then I would look for the manual.

Kerry M

I should've been more specific...  :)

I actually wondered if there was any sort of 'midi faq' or anything like that, I did find a few manuals for mine, but I would just like to grasp how it works, and the advantages and disadvantages of it.

Thanks!

Johnny G

for some stuff about what midi can do in general have a look around http://www.tweakheadz.com/index.html

its geared towards studio musicians and peoplewho are using midi to control hardware synths and samplers but its got some good info on midi in general.

and actually ive just put together the idea of having a midi footpedal controlling a sampler :D not as good as my plan to have a midi Pup on a guitar and then use that to link to a sampler. drum lins from a guitar anybody :P
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!