Q for Torchy/ source schem for vero BMP?

Started by octafish, March 14, 2005, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octafish

Ok you're on, you can't taunt me like that! What you think I'm chicken or something... I'll build I tell ya!

Still its intimidating.

Seriously what was your source for this draw? I have the JD Sleep 2002 schem for this but it has more parts? I'd like to compare the two schems before building your layout. Thanks mate.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Torchy

Schem is in the BMP folder here . Its the only one I had and I think its the original ?

lightningfingers

I recommend using .1uF for all the 1uF electro's.......I think it sounds better IMO :wink:
U N D E F I N E D

octafish

Thanks very much, for the layout, and the schem. Reading the archives it looks like there are lots of things to socket. I always wanted to build this and now I have no excuses.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

petemoore

I was just playing the BMP Clone...sort of nice...not exactly 'there' as far as what I remember a BMP 'being'...
 I'll try Lighningfingers suggestion...
  :oops:
 I found a 2n3904 hiding in there !!! DAFT..musta stuck that in there in leu of the HG/LN NPN...
 So I stuck in a HG/LN transistor, an NTE47.
 That made a big difference...much better sounding, and much more BMP like...
 I also changed a tone C cap, ...the top one on my board, probably the top one on the  schematic...I had a 103 in there, swapped that out for a 104...10x difference [I tried 'between values there also]...
 then I sat and jammed on that for a good long time...using the bypass switch I have on the JFet 'preboost'...[Fetzer Valve...Sparkle would almost certainly be nice right there..I have one in box W/BP Sw...hafta try that out too...
 So the wah, Fetzer and BMP are all happilly jamming with one another in a slant 6'' x 7'' metal box...an old card file box...I'm having a good 'ol time with that...BMP sounds great, even fiercer with the boost or wah in front...
 Sounds a little harsh if I turn the treble up too far...so I don't...[A.W.Know,,,Everythings rig sensative...], the Mud is Clean, just the right consistancy for playing in...I used to like to play in the mud...still do !!!
 Nice and thick, with the ability to let 'slices' of high end through...much different than...[    ]...Tons of Fun...this is the first time I had so much fun with a BMP since the 70's !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.