Electra Psychedelic Machine

Started by tomtom, August 18, 2003, 08:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtom

Hi everybody!

That's my first post on this new forum, and it's great (all posts open on the page, good looking but maybe sometimes hard to read index).

I wonder if someone here got some infos about this Psychedelic Machine. It sounds "nice" to me with some sort of randomness I love.

Here you find a link:

http://www.tonefrenzy.com/electra_psychedelic_machine.htm

Thanks.
  Tom. :roll:

Dan N

Hi tomtom,

I'm pretty sure it is a Super-Fuzz and a vibe in one package.

The vibe part is a Resly Tone, a univibe with a rotary switch for the speeds, and an extra option of a tremelo setting.

I have only ever seen one for sale. It was on ebay and did not meet it's reserve. It seems the perfect goofy piece on junk to show up at a rummage sale or whatever...

Dan

(edited for spelling, although if there really were a ratary switch, I would want one)

analogmike

Hi!

My 1st post...

I have one of these beasts, of course 1st thing I did was open it up.
Mine is the rare amp-head looking COMPANION version.

It has a reslytone/univibe board and a seperate super fuzz board inside. The univibe also has tremolo functions- tmolo vibrato and duet (chorus).

The knob markings are funny too - MOOD, MOOD ADJUSTER, etc.

I think it has a relay for true bypass switching like the VIBRACHORUS version of the univibe.

have fun!
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

tomtom

Thanks, you cut the chase ! This one pix was laying here and there on my computer just to remember to find what it does.

I was hoping for a stranger device, maybe due to its name and controls !
And yes, I have not yet try to build a Univibe, maybe it sounds that good.

You talk about "reslytone", a Univibe variant or a modified one ?

Thanks one more time.
 Tom :roll: