Teknoblaster issues...

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, March 15, 2005, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

it won't distort! there's a definite boost in the signal, but no distortion is coming through. could someone lend me the most recent schemo?

one likely candidate is my buffer FET. i used a J201 instead of the recommended 2N5457...but i also used 1N914 diodes for clipping and different caps in the tone stack (though i seriously doubt that's the issue)... ideas?

j0shua

hmmmmm strange i have good results and norway user .... and the last insane distortion is on my page ....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v669/teknoblaster/?action=view&current=insanedst1f.jpg

j0shua

thanks for the fresh draw, joshua... but it still isn't distorting!  :(

is the 2n5457 necessary, or replaceable? are the 1N914 diodes ok?

j0shua

well Original design are whitout diodes , but you can remove the diodes but not the cap from 2n5457 .....try remove the diodes and plug the cap fron transistor  to IC pin 3 ........

get a picture to see your work

j0shua

you can change the 2.2k  to 22k and the 4.7k for 33k, and :)

success! it's distorting, and pretty heavily at that. much thanks for the help and suggestions, joshua!

P.S. it sounds vaguely like the bazz fuss i made for my friend... deep, thick, smooth distortion. it doesn't seem to have much sustain, but it has an extremely flexible tone stack and gain control. might just have to box this guy up!  :)

j0shua

Im glad it's working , so tell me what you do please
:D

j0shua

also if you can put some sound demo to compare my sound to your sound , pics are wellcome to

:oops:

sorry, i've been in breadboard mania! i put the parts in a box, and when my new enclosures get here, i'm going to start piecing these pedals together... perhaps i can post clips when i get my new stuff...

and the fix was the 2 resistor values you gave me. as soon as i swapped them in, the thing started breaking up. again, much thanks!

j0shua

nice :D .... the 2 resistor cool, hmmm did you inverted ? , you can test this , remove diodes and put LED's  :twisted: