"THE PUSHER" booster w/ EQ vero layout !

Started by Dragonfly, March 16, 2005, 11:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Ok...so i came up with this easy to build booster, which features treble and bass tone controls...it also features a "fat" switch to give more midrange.  I'll likely be testing this layout tomorrow, so i should be able to verify it then. It looks to be just fine however. Im estimating that this should give in the range of 20dB's of boost, depending on how you set the EQ..the LM386, as set up, gives 26dB's, and the EQ circuit will "suck" a little of that out :D

Still, it should be an effective and versatile booster. I'll let you know how it goes...

Andy
Dragonfly FX

BTW...the ROG guys look like theyve designed a cool new boost as well...theirs is "slightly" more complex, but also looks to be a bit more versatile, due to the fully variable mid control....you might wanna check that one out too !

squidsquad

Hey Andy,

Thank you for your contributions to the forum!  I haven't done any *stripboard* stuff yet...so...what are the little red boxes w/a dot in em?

aron

That means cut the trace at that point.

Khas Evets

Do you have a schematic for this one. It's easier for me to read it that way. Thanks.

lightningfingers

Looks cool 8) Maybe you could put another switch between pins 1 and 8, to give a switchable booster/ hi gain distortion.....
U N D E F I N E D

wampcat1

Marcos - Munky

Can't see the image. I believe there's a problem with this account.

Marcos - Munky

Interesting. The 386 is really a cool IC.

audioguy

Has anyone tried this one yet? It might fit my bill, since I cant get a Tonemender working.

Thanks!

bass_econo

Is the photo link dead?  I can't see it.

bass_econo

bass_econo

Dragonfly do you have any sound clips of this or any other of your circuits?