Boutique (Fulltone style) 1969 Fuzz Face vero layout !!!

Started by Dragonfly, March 18, 2005, 01:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

I had a request for a Fulltone 1969 vero layout...well, evidently its "near identical" to the "Boutique Fuzz Face" PNP negative ground version at www.generalguitargadgets.com (PCB available there, should you wish to go that route). So, to save "legal" aggravation, I opted to make a vero layout for the Boutique '69 at GGG . Anyway, with a couple small changes (search the forum for which ones) you can make the Fulltone version...but this version is amazing as well. Should you want "less bass", switch out the .1uf output cap for a .01uf. Ideally, you'll want to use a transistor with an hfe in the 70-100hfe range for Q1, and 100-120hfe for Q2( +/- a bit is fine)...you can "hope for the best", but i'd recommend just ordering a pre-matched set at www.smallbearelec.com . Theyre reasonably priced, high quality, and will sound GREAT !

Also...this layout has not been tested yet. However, it looks to be correct, and I hope to verify it in the next couple days.

Well...have fun !

Andy
Dragonfly FX

samuelk

jpm83

Dragonfly

its not verified...i need to go back and make some changes as soon as i get time, so dont build it yet...

jpm83

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 01, 2006, 04:55:18 PM
its not verified...i need to go back and make some changes as soon as i get time, so dont build it yet...

I have build that it works fine but gets oscillation when cranked all the way up. I  was just wondering about that jumper, that doesn't that bypass the trimpot.

barret77

hmmm... can anyone confirm if that jumper is right or wrong? I'm building this... that looks weird, I couldn't see anything like that on the schematic...

thanks!

unidive

just built this, and yeah, that jumper is incorrect

and how are the contour pot, the 33k and 1k supposed to get voltage?

I've built it, but the functionality is limited

but yeah, don't build this - I spend a few days wiring this up and putting it in a pedal, only to have the bias/contour/trimmer pot function incorrectly. I just found this layout in the gallery and built it, but I didn't even occur to me to verify it.

its correct enough to work, but not like its supposed to.

Toney

without looking at  the schem...

It's obvious that the trimpot jumper needs to be moved down a line.
Currently it directly connects the collector to the 1k. The trimpot will do nothing until this is done.

Der Groovemeister

I built this one and it's working great. :icon_mrgreen:
(I hope it's ok to post this link)
http://www.newtone-online.nl/forum/index.php/topic,599.0.html
Only add a ground wire to the bottom row.
"What do you mean, dynamics? I'm already playing as loud as i can!"

PMcG No.6

Has this been verified yet or corrected? I'm really interested in building a '69.
Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

skrunk

I just built this too and the trimpot doesn't work.
Someone said the jumper at the trimpot needs to be moved down a line (assuming the vero hasn't been edited since)?
Meaning between the lower leg of the trimpot and the trace?
Anyone have success with this vero?

slacker

Yeah the jumper by trim pot needs moving down a row, so it's connecting the middle and bottom legs of the trimmer, or just remove it. As it is on the layout it's shorting out the trimmer so it won't do anything.