Noisy Battery...[?]

Started by petemoore, March 18, 2005, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Yes...it's an alarm battery, it puts out 10v-14vDC ~, started making noise recently...well I tried it on a few circuits, and the other battery eliminated the mild chatter N/P...I surmized it must be that battery...never heard of or had one do that though....just wondering...
 Any Ideas ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

R.G.

Bad internal weld/solder connection.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

petemoore

Guess it happens !!! I was wondering...what's wrong with my shifter...then...what's wrong with this one...sounds sorta likethe last one...having never heard of 'bad' battery [low battery yeah.] it took me a minute to question battery performance.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Peter Snowberg

Lead/Acid or Gel Cell batteries seldom fail like that, but I have seen it. The last battery I had with an internal break would power things fine that only used a couple of milliamps, but as soon as you presented a good load like a lightbulb, it got really touchy and the slightest physical bump would cause flicker.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

col

I recently built a circuit which made a lot of noise and spent ages trying to sort it out. As soon as I changed the battery it stopped. Both batteries had similar readings on the DMM but when I tried the dodgy one in any other pedal it was noisy. VERY annoying!
Col