Help Debug Phaseur Fleur

Started by mlabbee, March 19, 2005, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

I built this on the GGG board, with no mods.  The bypass works fine, I'm gertting power and the LED lights up and blinks like it should.  The rectangular LEDs blink.  When engaged, I get some sound coming through in some settings, but it's more a volume variation rather than a phasing sound and there is a cutoff of sound in sync with the LFO.  I also get a pretty heavy thumping coming from the LFO.  Also, I get a scratching sound when I rotate the blend knob, suggesting some DC accross that pot.

I've double checked all my hookups and soldering and everything looks good - the fact that everything is lighting up and sound is coming through suggests that I haven't missed any parts or put something with wildly off values.  

Any clues?

mikeb

Trace through the circuit from input to output and find when it starts to 'not sound right'......

Mike

mlabbee

There are two problems that I can see - one is that the LFO is coupling with the audio path in a bad way and the otehr is that some kind of threshold is being hit that's causing audio cutoff.  Unfortunately, this isn't on a  breadboard, so it's kind of hard to split up the circuit. Has anyone else used the GGG board and run into similar problems?

mikeb

The GGG board is almost exactly the same layout as that used by commonsound for a number of years, so I doubt there are problems with that. I suggested tracing through the circuit with an audio probe as then you can identify at what point things start 'going wrong'. Tackle one problem at a time....

Good luck

Mike