Multi-Face experience

Started by SuperGeo, March 19, 2005, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGeo

Hello guys!!!

I've just finished building my multi-face using in Q1 a 1n3904 and in Q2 an MPF102 and for the in cap an 0.01 and in out 0.1uF.

Well, I really liked how it sounded but when I set volume pot to max the sound get just a little bit louder than bypassed. The Gain pot do not changes so much in the tone, makes the output less loud.
That is not what is botthering me.
I have some background like shhh noise and depending of the timpot a little RF too.

Can you tell me if there's anything wrong or that's just the way it should be? Thanks...

tungngruv

I use a .01uf input, 0.1uf output and although J201's and 2N7000's sound really good to me, I prefer BC108's. Pretty big volume boost and so much gain it almost qualifies as a distortion!! Really cool fuzz! As far as the RF, is it boxed up and are your wires just long enough to reach the jacks? Mines quiet. :D

petemoore

Did you solder in the transistors or use sockets.
 Ive had transistors make that 'shhh' noise, caps...FF should go way over unity..
 Voltages tell a better tale.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

SuperGeo

I used sockets for the transistors

something really weird I saw here, when i'm close to guitar, it's quiet. If I go 2 feets away, there's RF interference, but, if i go more far in front of the door, it stops!

I have no Multimeter right now :/

Hal

im using 5089 and 2n7000 - total high gain.  Very quiet, with the box closed :-D.