www.ampware.com problems

Started by Tube-O-Maniac, March 20, 2005, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tube-O-Maniac

HI ALL
Ok I'm just having some problems with this site //www.ampwares.com and I just want to know IS THIS SITE FOR REAL?? I mean, I've ordered 170â,¬ from there and e-mailed them 3 times and got nothing from them. This was a month ago, the money was taken from my bank acount so I'm starting to be a little afraid of being stolen. Any help is wellcome. By the way, what can I do to get my money back, in case of being stolen? I'm from Portugal.

Thanks for your help
Valvulas Rullam

cd

Not to scare you even more, but I've heard nothing but bad things about that company.  If you google around a bit (and search Ampage) there's lots of stories of people sending $ (or having their CC charged) and not getting anything.  Or waiting months and months and then getting nothing, but then getting their $ back.

If you can, best to deal with Hoffman (www.hoffmanamps.com), great people & service.

zeppman

I had problems with them a month ago too.  I had ordered a dpdt carling switch, and after a month of phone calls, emails and do anything I can, I finally got my item.  I will never order from them again.  Horrible service.

Fret Wire

It sure is a great site with many nice items, but as cd pointed out, service is bad. For all it's impressive look, it's apparently a one man show, and he ships when he's good and ready. You usually have to dog him forever to get him to ship. Two months is about his speed.

Pity, he has some great amp stuff on his site. :cry: Hoffmans is tops in my book, never had anything but great service there. Antique Electronics is great to do business with, and getting more great amp and fx stuff by the minute.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Dirk_Hendrik

Tube-O-Maniac,

In my case shipping took 9 weeks. After about 4 weeks I gave them a phone call for shipping information since they don't seem to respond to mails. According to their data the shipment had been sent over 3 weeks earlier.
I found out that most time taken for my shipment was in postal "sevice" (.....what service!??) delays. USPS talks about some 7 days shipping time but it takes em much longer to Europe. Apart from that when I collected my parcel I could imagine it took long dus to the absurd shape (2 yard tolex can be rolled but it's still 2 yards long...).

Keep us posted on your experiences.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

vlljpior

I never receive my part from ampware. I pass out my order the 12 december and nothing yet. About 20 email later,no respond.

This guy is a clown !  He just stole money from honest  people.

AL

Ampwares has a horrible reputation. I've never dealt with them personally but, considering the things I've heard, I would never order anything from them. It's a shame because there are some nice things on that site and the Fender Amp Field Guide is wonderful.

Both Hoffman and Weber have good reputations for service. I have ordered from Antique Electronics (AES) and had good luck - quick service and they were helpful with my questions. Try one of those three next time. And keep trying Ampwares. I've heard a lot of people complain about how slow he is but I haven't heard anyone (that I can remember) say they never got their parts - it just took forever.

AL

cd

The problem is the guy lists all that stuff on his site, but he doesn't actually have anything in stock.  So when you place your order and wait, he places his order and waits.  Nice in this "just in time" day and age, but if you have a crap supplier it doesn't work.  Not to mention it's deceptive since the impression you get is an amp guru sitting in a warehouse full of stuff.

Keep hounding the guy until you get your $ back, then order from a real amp guy like Hoffman.

Paul Marossy

IMO, www.hoffmanamps.com is the way to go. I have always had very good service from Doug.  8)

1965mt

Quote from: Paul MarossyIMO, www.hoffmanamps.com is the way to go. I have always had very good service from Doug.  8)

I would swear that my stuff gets here the second I hit the send button. Don't fight the pennies, if Doug has it get it from him.... :wink:

Paul Marossy

www.tubesandmore.com (Antique Electronic Supply) is another place to get some parts, especially for new builds.

mlabbee

Ditto on tubesandmore.com and Weber - I have ordered from both.  They ship very quickly.  Also, I have peppered both with questions prior to placing orders and they have always responded quickly with good advice and thorough answers.

chokeyou

i ordered some tolex through them. it took FOREVER to get here. so, you'll probably get what you ordered...just dont expect a rush order, they're slow as f***

Tube-O-Maniac

Ey thanks for every thing... but .... I'm not so happy with all of your posts   :P I'm waiting for those parts for a big project... how can someone deal like this and doen't says on the web site that it can take for ever to ship the parts??? :shock: man this is really bad. but thaks for every thing. as soon as the parts arrive  ( if they do arrive) I'll post here
This sucksss  :cry:
Valvulas Rullam

Paul Marossy

It seems to me this is perhaps a one-man shop representing himself as something larger. In any case, "they" sure take their sweet time. I remember a few years ago they said that the online store would be closed because they were moving. This "move" took something like a year!

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll get your stuff - eventually.  :?

Dragonfly

www.webervst.com  has been very good in all my dealings with them....

my $.02,
 andy