Where to get veroboard?

Started by greenacarina, March 20, 2005, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenacarina

First, let me say that this site kicks ass!! The amount and quality of information and resources here is staggering (and is going to be taking up a lot of my free time now)
OK...so I've checked around with the places I usually get electronic components and they don't sell veroboard. Where should I look? Or...would I be better off making printed circuit boards?
AND....can someone recommend some good prototyping (pcb layout) software...preferrably freeware.
Thanks!!!
Chris

gotdabluz

There aren't many US dealers to choose from, though I heard that Steve at Smallbear may be offering it in the spring . . . oh wait . . . it is spring, now isn't it?  Well . . . I still got tons of snow on the ground, so who cares what the calendar says  8)

I bought my (vero) stripboard from Futurlec . . .

http://www.futurlec.com/ProtoBoards.shtml

I picked up about 10 of the 94x53mm size . . . just about right for a medium sized enclosure . . . it has isolated predrilled mounting holes at each corner . . . so far I have built a BSIABII on it with room to spare, though I haven't boxed it yet . . . will be putting it in a 1590BB sized box.

It took a couple weeks to get it by mail, but the quality is decent.  I found it nice and clean and easy to work with . . . pretty sturdy, too . . . and at $0.95 a board it is an excellent deal.

Good Luck
--SG

greenacarina

Excellent!! That is exactly what I need.
Thanks!!!
Chris

school

aron anyone? yea, buy it from aron in the store.  the link is right next to 'layout gallery'  right up above.

sir_modulus

Yup, I buy all my audio stock from aron (well...starting soon), or small bear.

I'd have to say, I'd like to thank this forum too. There's just so much information and wisdom for all of us noobs, and it's got no crap like other forums (not even ads, spam etc!!!). Good job Stompboxers, and aron!

Cheers,

Nish

greenacarina

OK, even better idea! I probably should have looked there first, huh? :)
I'm more than glad to support this site.
Thanks!
Chris

Peter Snowberg

Welcome to the forum Chris. 8)

Aron does charge a little bit more for stripboard, but you hit the nail on the head with support for this site. Thanks. I appreciate it and so does everybody else I'm sure! :D

Aron does have some amazing deals for stompswitches too.

Best wishes for all your builds!
Eschew paradigm obfuscation