effects order - clean and treble boosts

Started by Narcosynthesis, March 21, 2005, 10:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narcosynthesis

right, i intend building a pedal with a clean boost (lpb-2) and trebleboost (rangemaster style) in one box

problem being, which order should i put them, would i want the trebleboost first (which would then be boosted more by the clean boost) or a clean boost first (which would drive the trebleboost)

i did think about using a switch to change the order, but its going to be tight on space so i dont know if it will fit in the box...

David

Narcosynthesis

ninoman123

Build the two circuits, and bread board them together and test out the outcomes. Heh thats what I do. just put some solid core wire to the inputs and outputs of the circuits and see which combo sounds best, =) By the way I just built a lpb2 into my strat. I LOOOOOVE IT. heh  :wink:

Mike Burgundy

There's different applications, volumes, sounds, settings in which you might prefer different orders. Let your ears guide you.
I'd include two extra (switching) jacks. One's the output of the first circuit, with a parallel connection to the other jack, which is the input of the second. Have that last switching jack wired so that you have a preferred order, say treble into straight, when there's nothing plugged into it. If you insert a jack, the input from ckt1 is switched off.
Now you can choose your own routing, but don't have to.

jmusser

I liked the little phrase at the end of ninoman's post. They've quit asking me too! It's not like I'm a mental giant, but I know at least 10 times more than the people who work in there about what they're selling. I came up to the counter with a 100K audio pot, and they guy asked me "if I needed batteries with that", because they had them on sale! :shock:
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".