Ibanez TS5 switch

Started by Greg, March 22, 2005, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Anybody got a Mouser part # for a replacement footswitch for a TS-5 soundtank unit? I know Small Bear has 'em but I recently placed an order w/ him and don't currently need anything else from him so I'm looking at Mouser or Digikey.
Thanks,
Greg

WorkBench

Don't they have like a 20 dollar minimum order, whereas SmallBear doesn't?  try a true bypas switch in their( the Taiwanese Blue), it's really not that difficult, and it is a great upgrade!
Chris
All good things in all good time

Greg

Thing is I've just received an order from Small Bear and I don't need anything else from him, whereas I could use some stuff from Mouser. How do you physically install a DPDT or TPDT switch in one of these things?
Greg

AL

I'm not sure if Mouser carries that part. They didn't used to but I haven't checked lately. As far as mounting a DPDT switch in a TS-5 it seems to me that it's really not worth the effort. You'll need to remove all of the switching circuitry and then, the tricky part, mounting the switch in the cheap, plastic, box. You would be better off in the long run removing the entire circuit and rehousing in a sturdier enclosure. I doubt the plastic would stand up under that abuse.

AL

Greg

Yeah, that's the way I see it too. I really have no interest in all of that. When I use the thing, I run it in a loop box anyway.
No Mouser? How about Digikey?

Holty

Quote from: AL on March 22, 2005, 11:11:58 AM
I'm not sure if Mouser carries that part. They didn't used to but I haven't checked lately. As far as mounting a DPDT switch in a TS-5 it seems to me that it's really not worth the effort. You'll need to remove all of the switching circuitry and then, the tricky part, mounting the switch in the cheap, plastic, box. You would be better off in the long run removing the entire circuit and rehousing in a sturdier enclosure. I doubt the plastic would stand up under that abuse.

AL
AL - this is exactly the mod I am looking to do.  Take the board out of a TS5, do the mods and re-house in a proper metal enclosure. So......what do I do to the switch to make it a True Bypass.  (first posting)

moandj

Quote from: Holty on November 28, 2005, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: AL on March 22, 2005, 11:11:58 AM

AL
AL - this is exactly the mod I am looking to do.  Take the board out of a TS5, do the mods and re-house in a proper metal enclosure. So......what do I do to the switch to make it a True Bypass.  (first posting)
Check out this thread and look at cd's schematic.  It works just fine.  I relocated to the 1590BB enclosure because that circuit board is to big for a small box.  I'm waiting for my pots to be delivered, then maybe I can put the lid on that box for good.  The circuitry works fine, but getting all that to fit in the BB box is going to be challenging.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=38882.msg276097#msg276097

Holty

Thanks for this.  This is my first project, and I'm thinking, like you did, that a new build would probably be easier for my first job!!  Oh well!  I'll have a go, and see how I get on.   

Thanks.Rob