News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Wah Assembly

Started by Erocku, March 22, 2005, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erocku

err, disassembly... I have a dunlop wah i want to take apart to paint... how do i removed the pin that the wah pivots on? It looks like i just need to hammer it out. Help?

guitarhacknoise

hello,
Honestly, truthfully, not really sure.
BUT I had an old crybaby that would try its hardest to spit that pin out.
I finally got sick of messin with it, jb'd it and sold it off (cheap).
Now as far as I can figure, one of two things caused that,
1) My hard rockin' wah wackin' styles were of herculean power and I just wallowed the holes out and the pin started to make a run for it.
2) its more likely that someone had taken it apart ( i know who!) and messed up that tension bar thing a ma doo that lays over the fulcrum pin which I IMAGINE helps keep the pedal feel solid and tight, It also probably stops the wallowing to happen in the first place.

So, yeah, I BELEIVE you could drive it out with a smaller diameter rod and a hammer.
BUT I suggest being careful when putting it back together, maybe even go so far as freezin the crap out of the pin before trying to pound it back in, you know, just to try and get that extra mil of clearance.
-matthias
"It'll never work."

guitarhacknoise

O.K.
went over to the bench and opened up a gcb-95,
If you disconnect the wiring harness and remove the board,
you should see the shafts of two stove bolts.
if you loosen the nuts, you'll release the tension from the rod and the ol' in and out should be a snap!
-matthias
PERVERTS!
:shock:
"It'll never work."

Pedal love

Quote from: guitarhacknoise
  and the ol' in and out should be a snap!
-matthias

:shock:

THATS WHAT SHE SAID! :wink:

guitarhacknoise

make sure you have some masking tape, or what not, to hold the stove bolts in the "tensioner bar" which should help make reassembly a  double snap with no aspirin and hold the tears!
-matthias
"It'll never work."

dubs

Quote from: Erockuerr, disassembly... I have a dunlop wah i want to take apart to paint... how do i removed the pin that the wah pivots on? It looks like i just need to hammer it out. Help?

You'll also need a little screwdriver and hammer to knock the bolt out. I did the same thing, hammertoned my wah!!

STOMPmole

I hammered it out (and back in after I painted my wah enclosure) with no problems.  If I remember correctly though, one side has teeth...hammer on the opposite side.

Erocku

I have the pin knocked out and its sanded and im priming now... ill post some pics when im done.  :D