My ring frobnicator isn't frob'n!

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, March 22, 2005, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

:evil:

it passes a clean signal, but makes no effort to mess with my sound. if i strain my ears, i can kind of almost hear it at work. I was checking voltages, and apparently my Pin 5 on the 3080 is at a mere half volt. any ideas what could be causing this??

brett

Hi,  The low freq oscillator often doesn't work (esp with a fresh batery).  Search previous posts on this!
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

object88

Quote from: brettThe low freq oscillator often doesn't work (esp with a fresh batery).

Man, I hear things like this, and I wonder why people design for batteries, when AC adapters are plentiful (and leave more room in the box).  Last thing I would want to discover is that a pedal isn't working because the battery is "too good"!  :)

ok! it frobs!

however, it also makes alot of background noise. when i turn the trimmer to try and clear out the noise, it turns down my signal, too. anyone know how to clean up the extra noise as well?

EDIT: The fix for the oscillator was 3 LEDs instead of 2. in case anyone is curious...

come on... someone must know how to quiet this thing down...