ToneBurner Question

Started by Karmasound, March 22, 2005, 08:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmasound

Hi, I did a search but couldn't find .

In the layout there is something labeled sw2.  That's a switch right but what kind of switch is it cause it doesn't specifiy?

Thanks

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Karmasound

yes sir that's the one.

do I do something like this

--+-----+------+-------> to board. (ground rail?)
     /to       /to   /to      
    10-  4.7-  2.2-
     |      |      |
                 <-------------dpdt switch
     |      |      |
            \
              \ to the r6 3.3k pad on board layout

I hope that is clear to read.  Have you looked at the layout too?

It's the "tightness"

:shock:

Karmasound

Well might little drawing didn't turn out like I typed it in the post window.

Is the switch a on on on dpdt?

I could use a rotary for that right?

petemoore

Well those three bypass caps go to ground, and only one of them at a time...I think that's called SP3T...or something like that.
 An alternative would be use an SPDT, and use two of those values, and...that's what I'd probly do,
 I don't know of a stompswitch off hand, might be one that does what the schematic shows...
 Paralleling caps doubles the value...two stompswitches could get you at least three values...
 Seriesing them halves the value ie, two 10uf caps seriesed is like a 5uf...
 Then it's a matter of doing a lilttle math, and/or experimenting with different values, and mapping the switch scheme out.
 I'm thinking Tobias used a rotory switch for that...like a function switch off a tuner/tape/phono ... stereo.
 The thing [pole?] that pivots, needs three different outputs, connecting one of the three at a time....or go with the two switch method, adding series or parallel caps together to sum values wanted.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Karmasound

Crap I only have a two pole rotary.

Maybe I'll just socket it and see what I like and just go with that, and get a switch with my next parts order.

Thanks 8)