News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Slow chorus

Started by seanm, March 23, 2005, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanm

A guitarist at a jam I go to bought a Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble. This is an accurate reproduction of the Roland/Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble. His only complaint is that he wishes the chorus could go slower.

Anyone know of either a mod to slow down the chorus, or a chorus with a slower rate than the CE-1?

Connoisseur of Distortion

put a resistor in series with your speed pot. worked for my zombie  :wink:

Mark Hammer

Tim (the maker of said product) will be happy to hear of another satisfied customer.  Generally, the speed of the LFO will be contingent on several relevant components, one of them being the resistor noted.  Another is the capacitor in the integrator half of the LFO.  I forget whether this is a single non-polarized cap in the RSCE or a back-to-back pair of polarized caps, as is sometimes the case.  Beyond that, there is the question of what can easily fit in there, since it IS a somewhat reduced size from the original.

I'm in touch with Tim regularly.  Drop me a PM and I'll ask him about the matter.  Between work and his new baby, I'd prefer to be the go-between and "shelter" him from any barrage of e-mail.