fulltone ocd...

Started by barret77, March 24, 2005, 05:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

QuoteAron, IIRC you had an old sound clip of that thing that sounded pretty good!

I was flying through so many designs then that I probably didn't even recognize a good thing when I heard it.

Well.... maybe it does sound good. It was before he Shaka 3.

gtrmac

Almost any pedal would sound good with a 1955 Strat and an 18 Watt Marshall or any of the other rigs he recorded.

If you expect your Mexican Strat and Crate amp to sound that good you might be dissapointed.

amz-fx

Quote from: gtrmacAlmost any pedal would sound good with a 1955 Strat and an 18 Watt Marshall or any of the other rigs he recorded.
Yes, good point...  an 18w Marshall or classic Fender  Deluxe produce excellent sound by themselves.

@gtrmac: I will be in Osaka in a little more than a week. Any good music stores? Are the cherry trees in bloom?

regards, Jack

JHS

I claim here that the OCD was not developed be Fuller 'cos he's the typical cloner, so it must be something from the web or a clone from another pedal.

To me it looks like Keeley's FET Distortion or Davisson's Nexion with a simple Tonecontrol.

IC could be a chargepump for voltage doubling.

JHS

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: JHSI claim here that the OCD was not developed be Fuller 'cos he's the typical cloner, so it must be something from the web or a clone from another pedal.
JHS
DON'T DO THAT!!!!!! :(

You don't know... so don't make UNFOUNDED ACCUSATIONS!!!!

If you make a claim that is untrue and damaging to somebody's reputation, that's called libel.

If you want to get involved with a libel lawsuit between yourself and Fulltone, DON'T DO IT HERE AND DON'T INVOLVE THIS FORUM!

Grrrrrrr...........
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Doug_H

Why does this kind of nonsense have to come up every time Fuller releases a new pedal?

Not only that, this has been done to death with the OCD already. Search the archives. :evil:

Doug

O

Quote from: JHSI claim here that the OCD was not developed be Fuller 'cos he's the typical cloner, so it must be something from the web or a clone from another pedal.

:shock:

Maybe that post should be edited... the views posted are solely the postee's and do not reflect the views of this forum or it's members.

(unless of course you have proof that would stand in a court of law, those kinds of statements are just asking for trouble)...  :wink:

barret77

hey, sorry about starting such controversial topic. I didn't know that the ocd had been discussed before here...

anyway, which build is recommended for be to achieve this kind of distortion sound? BSIB 2 or Shaka? - in case of Shaka, which version? 4? 5? HV? Oh my God so many good projects around!

WGTP

Either way, you will have a Mu Amp for the second stage (the cap in the loop has a lot of effect on the sound).  The BSIABII has more and different filtering for tonal variation IIRC than the SB.  

Start with the SB 3 and try the variations to see what you like best.  

Both the SB and BSIABII are highly regarded around here.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Alpha579

theres a great opening for a very successful commercial product here...the 'un-goop-ifier'...
Alex Fiddes

george

Quote from: Alpha579theres a great opening for a very successful commercial product here...the 'un-goop-ifier'...

Well the only market would be us DIY-ers, a very small one indeed.

And heck we don't need it ... my guess is that all the technology to make something that sounds the same (or better) can be found right here on this forum.

Shaka 5 (without diodes) anyone?

Peter Snowberg

There's a good note to end this thread on. ;)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation