not gain, drive, dist...

Started by mat, March 24, 2005, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Quote from: object88
Quote from: Claus HThis is a FET (If you can really do that:) ) rebuild of the Dumble amp Larry and Robben use..

If it's a Dumble remake using FETs, doesn't that make it a Fumble?

<ducks, runs away>

:lol: Yes! at least in my case  :lol:

mat

Alpha579

Quote from: object88
Quote from: Claus HThis is a FET (If you can really do that:) ) rebuild of the Dumble amp Larry and Robben use..

If it's a Dumble remake using FETs, doesn't that make it a Fumble?

<ducks, runs away>
Haha, love it  :lol:

ive always wanted to experiment with having about 3 clean mosfet stages, and use potential dividers between them to bring the output down to unity each time, then drive them with another booster to get them to all distort very slightly, at the same time...wonder what that would sound like...
Alex Fiddes

petemoore

OT Guesses...
 Quite possibly bright, 'wide' and smooth...I have a bunch of 2n7000's laying around. hint.
 I'd use more Mosfets for things like buffer or...but don't see them called out in schematics and haven't gone to the trouble after a few tries with working with them 'ad lib'.
 I worked with MosMu's IBelieve WGTP [no quote me] did up a bunchof MosMadness stuffm put up schematics as such.
 Other than the Mosfet Booster, I can't think of a box I have that presses Mosfets into service.
 I do know they're a bit trickier to bias, like Jfets...but I'm 'used' to them, I'm kind of a JFet 'fanboy'...that and the bag of unused Mosfets makes Me think something should be done about these things !!!
 Like re-reading certain Mosfet info.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.