I'll be taking some distance from the forum for some time...

Started by stm, March 24, 2005, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stm

I'm quite sad and dissappointed for the events of the latest "hot" thread where some people I respected, as well as others who I didn't know, showed their dark side. I'm tired of seeing members act like spoiled kids and others who have a selfish and careless attitude towards other people's rights, feelings and desires.

I'm taking some distance for a while to cool down and breath some fresh air.

To those members who I've had great discussions and idea exchanges please feel free to contact me anytime to keep collaborating.

To Aron and Peter, my sincere thanks for their time and effort in keeping up this forum. I've been here for almost a year and have had a great opportunity for learning and sharing ideas with other people.

Best regards to all.

onboard

Understandable.

All the time and effort that's gone into Runoffgroove over the last year is remarkable. Maybe largely taken for granted. A big thank you is in order for giving so much.

Take it easy.
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

Mark Hammer

It happens.

We'll save a place at the table, and a piece of pie for ya.  Come back when you're hungry again.

Peter Snowberg

I'm quite saddened and dissappointed too.

STM, I can't tell you how much I respect your contributions. I place your knowledge and engineering skills in the 'hyper productive guru' category right along with RG, Mark Hammer, Jack Orman, Ton Barmentloo, Doug Hammond, and many more that I don't have the time to list. I respect everybody's positive input, but your work with filters is exceptionally impressive!

Forums seem to operate in cycles.... we just hit a bottom of a cycle in one way of looking at things. As soon as I was ready to quit being involved with forums, a coupe of people returned who had been away for a while because of similar outburst threads in the past.

I hope you can take a breather for a while, and return refreshed.

You have my best wishes and deep respect.

I hope to see you back again one day.

Thank you again,
Peter Snöberg
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

James P

Quote from: onboardAll the time and effort that's gone into Runoffgroove over the last year is remarkable. Maybe largely taken for granted. A big thank you is in order for giving so much.

Yes, i'd like to thank you and B Tremblay for all the hard work at ROG - it's an excellent site and it's free. Something people fail to remember sometimes. Hopefully we'll see you in the future STM.

James P
If i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer...

Paul Marossy

I'm kind of in the same position stm. I am a little disappointed in some of the behaviour exhibited in some of these recent threads, but that's not the reason I am taking a break. I think I am kinda burned out right now on DIY electronics stuff (I've done a huge amount of stuff in the last three years), and I am making so much progress in concentrating on being a better musician and writing stuff again, that this is kind of a natural transition for me. I know this will probably be a life long hobby for me, so I'm not worried about it - I know I will always be building something once in a while. I'm still going to maintain my website and stuff, but I'm not going to build stuff like a maniac anymore.  8)

EDIT: I just wanted to say that I am certainly no guru in electronics, but I hope that some of my clever solutions to problems and stuff like that has been of some help to members here.  :wink:

vanhansen

All I can say is enjoy the time away to take care of other things, like more stuff on ROG.  :D I understand your feelings.  You and Brian have always been helpful to everyone.  We'll be waiting for your return.

A big thanks to you and Brian for everything you have given to the DIY community.  I've learned a lot by studying the circuits on ROG, even drew up my own amp emulation which I still need to build.  :roll:  Thank you for everything you have done.
Erik

aron

Hey take care and you are always welcome back anytime.

I didn't know you liked Star Trek??? I just got the entire collection for Christmas!  :)

I always say, don't take the contributions that people make in this forum for granted. They are helping out in their own time - do not abuse it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help, you will be missed.

hilbi

Thanks for your contribution.

Hope to see you around again.
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

Dragonfly

STM...you guys at ROG have provided tremendous inspiration fo me, as well as many others...i hope you find the inspiration to return soon....

till then, i raise my glass to ya !

andy

ps...and Paul...you wont be gone long...that bug will bite you again soon :)  enjoy your vacation, and i hope to see you back in the near future !

Doug_H

I thought runoff groove was Brian and Gary (???). My apologies, but who is STM??

Doug

dpresley58

I don't know the two of you very well, but I hope the time away refreshes the spirit... My first two builds were ROG projects, with a third on the bench.

As someone else who has multiple interests, I understand that some of them cycle through their time "on the shelf" while others are being pursued. Thanks for the time you've put into this community. It'll benefit us for a long while.

Enjoy the break.
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

Marcos - Munky

B Tremblay

Quote from: Doug_HI thought runoff groove was Brian and Gary (???). My apologies, but who is STM?

After our very rewarding collaboration in the development of the Condor (and other projects), I extended an invitation to Sebastian (a.k.a. STM) to be a member of the runoffgroove.com team.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

puretube

Quote from: Doug_HI thought runoff groove was Brian and Gary (???). My apologies, but who is STM??

Doug

:)  it shows you haven`t been `round for a while:
STM is a master of using circuit-simulation in a practical context,
and a master of useable filter analysis and synthesis...

I learned quite a bit from his contributions  :D

lovekraft0

QuoteSTM is a master of using circuit-simulation in a practical context,
and a master of useable filter analysis and synthesis...
And can explain his work simply enough for the mathematically-challenged ( like me) to grasp, an all too rare talent in itself!

I suspect your input will be sorely missed around here - thanks for everything!