OT: Great news!

Started by hairyandy, March 24, 2005, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairyandy

I just returned from picking up my pedal board which was stolen from my car back in January.  Some of my pedals turned up on Ebay last weekend and I tracked the seller to a pawn shop here in Columbus, Ohio.  They were very cooperative and they had everything including the road case and cables!  I had some expensive stuff on there like a Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser, a Hot Cake, an old Fuzz Factory that belonged to a friend and a new EH Black Finger Tube Compressor.  Also included was my first ever Rangemaster clone that I had just finished the day it was stolen.

A big thanks to Zachary Vex for the help with replacing the FF!
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

dadude

Did you get the stuff back yet?

If you did way cool!

aron

hairyandy

Yeah, I just got it all back and I only had to pay the pawn shop $60...
Andy Harrison

Wild Zebra

good to hear!!!

Columbus, Oh   huh!

me too
"your stripes are killer bro"

dadude

Andy-

Back in the day I used to work for a big name (urrump...) guitar type center. They used to keep all the stuff that customers sold the shop in a cage for 90 days while the police ran traces on the serial numbers. If one came up stolen it was returned to the original owner before it got sold and the booster guy got a one way ticket to the lockup.

If you have a police report you should be able to get that stuff back free of charge. The shop reports it to their insurance company and the bastard that nabbed your stuff goes to jail.

Mark Hammer

Holy doodle, that's a pricey pedalboard!  I'll just BET your glad to get it back for the measly sum of $60.

hairyandy

I do have the report but the law here in Ohio says that the victim pays the pawn shop's cost.  It was a law passed back in the 70's to make it easier to license and run pawn brokers in the state.  It sucks but usually they don't pay much for gear.

The funny part is that it was technically stolen in a small township that exists within Columbus and the two police departments never shared the report.  The Columbus police suspected it was stolen but couldn't prove it because they never received the report from Clinton Twp.  The stuff would have been gone had I not found it on Ebay and done all the leg work for the cops.  I tracked the seller's IP and online sales through Google and determined that it had to be a certain pawn shop in a certain zip code.  From there it was easy...
Andy Harrison

Dragonfly

congrats bro !!!  not often that you see that happen !

how'd the rangemaster thing go for Pete and Joe ?  have you gotten "reviews" yet ?

andy

hairyandy

Dragonfly/Andy,

As far as I know the RM thing went pretty good.  I haven't heard anything back from Pete about it.  It was just one burned up diode and a couple fried traces and now it's good as new.  It sounds exactly like my clones as well!

Whoops, you meant the other RM thing.  No I haven't heard back yet...That was Pat, not Pete.  Gotta stop drinking Guinness...

:)
Andy Harrison

Dragonfly

Quote from: hairyandyDragonfly/Andy,

N o I haven't heard back yet...That was Pat, not Pete.  Gotta stop drinking Guinness...

keep me up to date, if you would....

and dont stop drinking Guinness  :)

(though i'm a "Jack on the rocks" man...)

Andy

dadude

That is so cool. Very cool that you only had to pay $60.

Like 20 years ago I had a one-off prototype Ric 12 string stolen from the back set of my car.
I was in a guitar store 10 years later and wah-la there's my one-off way up in a rack selling for close to 10 g's. Do you think they wanted to give it back to me... You guess.

:cry:

ninoman123

Wow thats nuts that you actually got all that back. Good to hear man

boogielicious

It's like winning the lottery isn't it.  The best part would be if the caught the creep who did it.

Scott

ErikMiller

Quote from: boogieliciousIt's like winning the lottery isn't it.  The best part would be if the caught the creep who did it.

I always like to fantasize that they sold the stolen goods for just enough to buy too much heroin.

onboard

:shock:

Duuuuude..........that's harsh. Don't know about wishin' an OD on someone - Mr. Sticky hand's baby needed new shoes, no doubt.

Anyway - glad hairy got the goods back.

edit - no, it wasn't me.
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

hairyandy

Actually, he sold all of it for $60 and they did catch him.  He's currently resting uncomfortably in the county slammer.

Andy Harrison