Any multiple knob fuzzes out there?

Started by D Wagner, March 24, 2005, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Wagner

Hey Pedal Fiends,

We are so used to seeing two and three knob fuzzes, that when something like the Fuzz Factory or a NVN fuzz comes along, the DIY'er in all of us goes nuts over the extra knobs.  For the record, I am not talking about a distortion with a three band EQ, but a fuzz with "tweakability".

Are there any other fuzzes out there that have more than the usual three knobs?  Has anyone built anything with gobs-o-knobs (Not a Fuzz Factory or NVN clone)?  If so, do you actually use the extra knobs, or set them to a sweet spot and use the fuzz and volume knobs only?  

BTW, I have seen all of the insanity over at Tim Escobedo's site.   :wink:

Derek

Torchy

TMK (Circuit Snippets)
Boutique Fuzz Face (GGG)
Fender Blender (Fuzzcentral)

To name but 3 ...

jmusser

Dragonfly built up a circuit off of the "Cookbook fuzz", that had 6 or 7 knobs on it, that I think about every aspect of it was tweakable. I'm not sure that he ever actually built it, so you could take it through it's paces, and tell us all how it turned out. I can't remember where it was, but if you do a search that includes "Cookbook fuzz", it should get you there, and to the thread where it was brain stormed ito existance.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".