LofiMofo Clip

Started by robotboy, March 25, 2005, 12:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robotboy

I just finished this build, and it was only my second, so there may be mistakes, but it sounds pretty lofi and crappy to me. That makes think I must have done something right  :wink: It seems almost silly to post a clip, but I was wondering what it sounded like before I built it, so this might help someone out.

Recording technique: 79' gibson paul -> lofimofo -> garageband software

No effects, eq, etc... added. Reference guitar tone at the beginning.

LofiMofo Clip

Next up: sparkleboost, bazz fuzz, tube screamer, octavia, ???

PurpleTheory

sounds good.......er....um.......bad.  :wink:  that one is on my "to do" list, thanks for the sound clip, i was wondering what it would actually sound like.

cheers,
matt

Sam

"Good" might be a misdirecting reference :D.  But I think it sound pretty nice. Being such a small circuit - I been thinking about using it as "one knob" in a more normal fuzz/distortion. Gain, Lofi, Tone and Level... Any thoughts about this?
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

robotboy

Quote from: Sam"Good" might be a misdirecting reference :D.  But I think it sound pretty nice. Being such a small circuit - I been thinking about using it as "one knob" in a more normal fuzz/distortion. Gain, Lofi, Tone and Level... Any thoughts about this?

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Rolling a couple of easy circuits into a single box and exploring the possibilites. I just built a protobox, and I might get a few more breadboard strips and experiment with chaining effects. I'm curious about how to integrate multiple circuits together. I'm guessing you can just take the output of one and send it to the input of the next as if you were plugging them into each other in series. My electronics knowledge is still too shakey to try and integrate the gain stage from one overdrive into another circuit, etc... Anyway, lofimofo is a super easy build. You should try it. It's novel and fun.

Sam

I'll definately give it a go as soon as I get the truckload of trannies I ordered.

The idea is to take a fuzz and put the Lofo into the circuit and with one knob controll how much "radio sound" you want. My electronical skills won't yet allow me to actually make this - but I guess I'll have to use some form of in/out buffer and connect the Lofo to a pot as it where a "brightness cap". Or something...
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

ninoman123

Didnt like the first part of the clip but once u started playing chords I really liked it! Awesome clip!