Cha-Ching! 4pdt stomp switches!

Started by ninoman123, March 25, 2005, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninoman123

I found some 4pdt plastic stompswitches at my local electronics store. They are actually dpdt, BUT they have soldering lugs and PCB mounts, which makes them 4pdt!. They cost a dollar, and I bought some nice looking knobs to put on top. Since I'm just a bedroom warrior, I'm not all too worried about them being sturdy. Except they have been so far. And also I dont stomp very hard too. I think I will use them to switch power off when bypassed. The ultimate in power saving. Lol, LED, True bypass, and power switch all in one switch!  :twisted:

RickL

I see no one else has replied to this so I'll put in my $0.02.

You may be completely right about it being a 4pdt based on the number of solder lugs/pcb pins but I am suspicious that the solder lugs and pcb pins are just duplicates to allow the switch to be easily used more than one way. Check with a multimeter first to make sure.

There are 4pdt plastic pushbutton switches (I have some) but all the lugs are the same (solder lugs on the ones I have).

Of course if you've already thought of this and already confirmed that they are 4pdt's I will concede to being the pompous ass that this post makes me out to be.  :wink:

sir_modulus

I concur with the above.....but it just makes me drool....imagine a sturdy (think blue switch) 4pdt stomp switch....*drool*

Cheers,

Nish

toneman

did U ohm the sws out???
make sure they do what U want them 2 do....
T
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

robbiemcm

You can make it sturdy if you want you just have to modify your case a little. Imagine a rectangular hole cut in your case, you position this plastic switch under it, and you have a rectangular bit of metal, spring loaded so it pops up, and only goes down so far. You got yourself a sturdy 4PDT pad!

Alex C

Quote from: ninoman123I think I will use them to switch power off when bypassed. The ultimate in power saving. Lol, LED, True bypass, and power switch all in one switch!  :twisted:

If you are switching the power with one pole, you won't need to wire the LED to another.  The LED will go on/off with the power.  You'll also most likely get a pop when you switch it  on, so it's probably not a good idea.  I learned this here :
This thread.

ninoman123

Yah they are in fact 4pdt. I dont think they were meant to be used as 4pdts. Just meant to be used as both capabilities, but I checked it out and they do work as a 4pdt.  :P  Yah I realized that I could just turn the power off to the circuit like a few hours after I posted that lol  :lol: