News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Simple Sim

Started by petemoore, March 25, 2005, 08:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Simple Sim Sounds Great !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Torchy

Agreed, used it as an option on a couple of builds and as stand-alone ...

Layout here

petemoore

Double agreed...I've got it on a B/P switch with my o'l OS Compressor...super nice...A little HF Rolloff and a couple series resistors [SP] later...
 Every once so often, you find something that surprizes you with the exact timbre, resonance, etc. that you didn't know you were looking for...till you play it for a while and get hooked.
 I'm certain it has to do with the size of the volume pot and what kind of pickups, + of course a little modding.
 I was just down there playing this setup [also 6 Stage Phazer on and off] for well over an hour...on the 'ol ''RCA Guitar Amp''...

sir_modulus

I love it too! Great little snippet. Thanks for the layout torchy! (we all missed them a lot while they were gone...now I can get back to running my elec shop outa veroboard!)

Cheers,

Nish

Torchy

Ok, updated the layout to make it smaller. This actually just sticky-pads to the side of a blue 3pdt.

So far its really sweetened up about 5 distortions including my Tube Reamer - really useful option IMO.

petemoore

So many Veros' ... I saw one at least that could be 'snugged' using no diagonals, just rearranging EZ 'fix' component placements that couuld save a couple columns. I didnt' post the 'corrections'
 Now if you started using diagonals, say you want a certain size board for a particular 'cute' box, another bit of real estate couuld be opened up for 'full house' layouts.
 Yupp, no doubt about it, thats a Great One for Sound and the 'so few parts!' list. Not many [any?...] crossing lines.

sonic66

what happened to the layout? 404
Any Feedback is Great Feedback

Torchy

OOps  :oops:

Renamed it and forgot the link ...

Simple Sim