Replacement pot for my "vintage" rack delay?w/pics

Started by mongo, March 26, 2005, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

Hi,

I found an Ibanez analog rack delay and I love it, it works well in general  but  a pot is broken. It is one of those Push-pull pots (Dont know the correct term in good english)

I'd  like to know  if someone has the schem or the reference for this Pot, I'd like to replace it but my guess is that this pot is going to be hard to find.

Any tips and pointers will be greatly apprecciated.

Andy

here's are the pics, The pot I want to replace is the CHANNEL 2/LEVEL

the pot from the inside

and the guts of my delay:

Thanx again!!!!!

ESPguitar

Quote from: mongoHi,

I found an Ibanez analog rack delay and I love it, it works well in general  but  a pot is broken. It is one of those Push-pull pots (Dont know the correct term in good english)

I'd  like to know  if someone has the schem or the reference for this Pot, I'd like to replace it but my guess is that this pot is going to be hard to find.

Any tips and pointers will be greatly apprecciated.

Andy

here's are the pics, The pot I want to replace is the CHANNEL 2/LEVEL

the pot from the inside

and the guts of my delay:

Thanx again!!!!!

What about asking Steve Daniels about that?

Can you track that unit?? Make some schematics for it :wink:
It looks pretty cool:)'

Or maybe i can find something on it if i search?
Model?

Thanks,
RB

eh

isnt it just a 10k pot and a switch? replace the pot and use a flip switch instead.

Rodgre

Yeah, I think your'e right, it's a 10K pot with a switch that could easily become a panel toggle switch.

That's an awesome delay. We have three at Tremolo Lounge studio!

Roger

Johnny Guitar

Quote from: ehisnt it just a 10k pot and a switch? replace the pot and use a flip switch instead.

As a halfway measure you might just remove it and replace it with a normal 10K pot, and solder jumpers in place of the switch for exclusively an instrument input (I mean, how often do you expect to plug a mic in it? Ever? -- probably a high impeadance mic too). This would let you use the unit and give you time to either find one, or maybe try and rebuild the pot and switch you have.

John

Mark F

If the P/P switch part of the pot is O.K. then ,if you would like to keep the unit stock, go to RG's site & read "The Secret Life Of Pots" & change the wafer inside the pot. If the P/P part of the pot is shot , you may try cleaning the contacts. If none of this works obviously look for a replacement or use one of the previous suggestions :)