Sili-Face II, Rangemaster Build Reports

Started by mlabbee, March 26, 2005, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

I built the Sili-Face II using Torchy's Verobaord layout.  (BTW - Torchy,  I found some errors on the layout - I've added a comment to the layout on the diypedals forum - hopefully everyone can figure out what I mean).  What a great circuit - as described on ROG, a nice wide range of sounds in response to pickup selection and volume knob on the guitar and a very easy build. This is one I'll be boxing up.

I FINALLY got my rangemaster to work.  This was the first pedal I bought parts for - got the germanium transistor from Small Bear with teh right biasing values etc and have tried to build it about 5 times and never got it to work (I still have no idea why - I think it's funny that I got my Neutron to work before I could get this simple little circuit to make noise . . .).  I finally just soldered it up using Torchy's veroboard layout and it worked!  Woo-hoo!  I don't have much to add on this this circuit - it's been described a million times - it's a very nice treble boost.

ESPguitar

Quote from: mlabbeeI built the Sili-Face II using Torchy's Verobaord layout.  (BTW - Torchy,  I found some errors on the layout - I've added a comment to the layout on the diypedals forum - hopefully everyone can figure out what I mean).  What a great circuit - as described on ROG, a nice wide range of sounds in response to pickup selection and volume knob on the guitar and a very easy build. This is one I'll be boxing up.

I FINALLY got my rangemaster to work.  This was the first pedal I bought parts for - got the germanium transistor from Small Bear with teh right biasing values etc and have tried to build it about 5 times and never got it to work (I still have no idea why - I think it's funny that I got my Neutron to work before I could get this simple little circuit to make noise . . .).  I finally just soldered it up using Torchy's veroboard layout and it worked!  Woo-hoo!  I don't have much to add on this this circuit - it's been described a million times - it's a very nice treble boost.

Pretty:)

The rangemaster was my first project too, i did everything right but i had a too leaky transistor from NTE.. It sucked..
Then i tested the circuit with a 2N3906, and after that with a AC128 hfe 40-50..
Awsome:) So the AC 128 is in the box now, i will order some AC128 with higher gain..(when i get some time):)

Anyway it was a bit irritating to have non-working circuit..

RB

mlabbee

Oops - the Vero layout I used for the Rangemasster was Dragonfly's - sorry!

There is nothing worse than a circuit you can't debug - I am still trying to get my Phaseur Fleur to work . . .

ESPguitar

:wink:
I guess you're right with the debugging 8)

Good luck then :D

RB

Dragonfly

Quote from: mlabbeeOops - the Vero layout I used for the Rangemasster was Dragonfly's - sorry!

no problem...glad it finally helped you get over the Rangemaster "hurdle"  :D

so the Neutron was easier, eh ?!?!?  :D

Andy

mlabbee