Found an Awesome local surplus place if you need rare parts!

Started by MattAnonymous, March 26, 2005, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattAnonymous

Hey guys, I live in Orlando, FL and have found the most wonderful place on earth.  Contrary to popular belief, it's not Disney World.  Rather, it is a place called Skycraft Surplus and they have everything and anything.  I can't name everything they have because of the immense number of items, but if you guys would like to post a wish list, I'd be happy to look for parts next time I go.  They've even got NOS tubes!  They also have project boxes, old circuit boards, any size or type of wire you can imagine, knobs, electronic components of every sort, etc.  Oh, I picked up packs of NOS carbon comp resistors for less than $1 a pack of about 20.

Make your wish list.

Matt
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

MattAnonymous

It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

David

Quote from: MattAnonymousSo nobody needs anything?

Au contraire, mon ami!  Might your friends stock any SAD-4096s, perchance?

Oh, yeah -- and a top octave divider chip would be extremely cool as well!

MattAnonymous

Not sure as there are so many components, but I will add that to my list of things to look for.  How many would you need and what is a reasonable price?

David

Quote from: MattAnonymousHow many would you need?
Only need 1.

Quote from: MattAnonymouswhat is a reasonable price?
That depends on what they're asking...

dr

.....SAD4096 and MN3011 would be nice...(really any BBD devices)..16mm pots,20 awg silver plated Teflon coated wire, extruded aluminum enclosures (like the kind you'd harvest from a dead auto sound system power amp.....switches (any kind) if they have assortments of resistors,etc....

Doug_H

It's a fun place to browse. I was just there on Saturday. :D

Some things can get a little pricey, depends on what it is. But it's nice and convenient to pick it right up off the shelf.

Doug

MR COFFEE

Just curious since I don't get down to that part of Florida very often...

Is it worth a special trip from NC?
Bart

ExpAnonColin

Any largish project boxes that are cheap are always good...  with no holes or very few preferably.  Anything that would suit a pretty big stompbox.

-Colin

brad

MattAnonymous

They've got a bunch of them and they're under a $1.  Let me know if you want some and I'll pick them up.  I'll probably be going this weekend.
I'll try to get some pics of the place so you guys have a better idea of what it has.

Hey doug, where are you located?

Hal

do they have any working $50 dual trace 'scopes?  I suppose the shipping would make it expensive already, but maybe I could somehow get down there at some point (you never know....) :-D ?

MattAnonymous

I'll check on the oscilloscopes, but I don't know if there are any that are that cheap off hand.

Hal

:-D.  

thanks

why can't there be a place like this by me?  I live in new york!  I should be the center of the world, where everything good is! me me me!!

brad

On second thought, I'd better not indulge in the grab bags.  I'm supposed to be curbing my electronics spending!

That store DOES sound awesome though.  The closest thing to that in my town in a place called "Reverse Garbage" that has things like crates full of old mobile phones and plaster teeth moulds.

davebungo

wouldn't mind a couple of R5106's or SAD512's for a lonely delapidated old MXR chorus in my bottom drawer :(

DiyFreaque

QuoteThe closest thing to that in my town in a place called "Reverse Garbage" that has things like crates full of old mobile phones and plaster teeth moulds.

Well, the mobile phones might cough up some compandor chips (probably NE/SA571 - the 570s were on the service side of things).  The teeth...hmmm, invest now for the future I guess  :D

For me, there wouldn't be l'il old MN3011 buried in all that junk, would there?

Cheers,
Scot

Doug_H

Here's the site:

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp

Looks like they've given it a face lift but I bet it's still not complete.

Doug

Chris R

onboard

YES! They have Helping Hands!!!!

I love those little guys 8)
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."