Found an Awesome local surplus place if you need rare parts!

Started by MattAnonymous, March 26, 2005, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattAnonymous

OK guys, here's what I found:

3011 IC, but the prefix is MOC - $1ea
4096 IC, but the prefix is CD

As far as project boxes go, they've got a few that may work.

One is the size of a Tube Screamer, it's all aluminum, but it has a hole on the bottom w/ about a 1" diameter as well as another hole on the bottom w/ a smaller diameter that includes a mom push switch. $4

Mini THD Amp style metal mesh enclosure little less than a foot long probably about 3" high.  Can't remember the exact price, but probably under $5.

They have a bunch of cash boxes, but I don't know if those are useful at all.

As far as switches, they've got almost everything, as do I.  If you let me know what kind of switches, I can help out a little better.
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

Matteran

Do they have 3 pole, 3 position Rotary Switches? Or 1 pole, 6 position rotary switches? I'm building the mod wah from GGG and can't seem to find any online.

How much are halo inductors there?

nelson

I would be willing to pay for some SAD1024's and MN3007's if they are cheaper than small bear.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

maximee

As probably everyone knows by now, I need an UA759 or LM759...  8)
Chances they have one of these ain't that good but you never know....

mrsage

I'm okay on switches, but I'm thinking of trying a Kay Fuzztone next, and it would be nice to work with the actual parts...

If you could check whether or not they have these transistors:
2SC644S
2SC828R

and these diodes:
20A90

...that would be sweet.

I'm sure I could sub in different parts, but if you get a chance, would you mind checking for those?

bazzwazzle

does the actual store have more than what's listed online. Because after browsing online I thought there would be more.

MattAnonymous

Yeah, the store has quite a bit more than what's online.  They have too much stuff to list.
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

bazzwazzle

great! I might visit FL during the summer, maybe I can manage to make a stop there.

MattAnonymous

I'm going back to Skycraft soon.  Any last minute requests?

mrsage

Quote from: mrsagetransistors:
2SC644 S
2SC828 R

and these diodes:
20A90
Other than the ones I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I can't think of anything!

I need like 6 of each (well, 2-3 of each at the very least), so if they've got 'em and they're reasonably priced I'm in!

MattAnonymous

OK, I've found that the store does have a few SAD1024's for $2 a pop.

DiyFreaque

SAD1024's for $2 a pop?  Put me down for as many as you can get up to $20 (but if they don't have a lot, I don't want to hog them from all the others here that would like SAD1024's).  

That would be awesome,
Take care,
Scott

Stompe Le Monde

Joe Kramer

Solder first, ask questions later.

www.droolbrothers.com

fureybass

I-4 and Fairbanks, Yeah. About a mile down the road to my Alma Mater. I was looking at Skycraft about 2 months ago, knowing I should have popped in.

Matt, There's also a little Pawn Shop about a half block east. Sometimes they have interesting stuff like crappy old axes and amps.

MattAnonymous

Just to check, as I did not look too closely at these, they have an opening where you can see a small chip, correct?  I think they were listed as 1024 and am not sure that they are the exact ones that you guys are looking for.  I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the info on the pawn shop, I'll definitely check it out.

DiyFreaque

Hmmm....a little window on the chip itself?  This sounds like perhaps an EPROM chip (Erasable Program Only Memory) - the little window was there so you could erase the chip with a UV light.  These may be 1024 bit EPROM's.

SAD1024's are 16 pin DIP's that don't have a window on them, and will actually say SAD1024 on them.  Oh....that beautiful SAD1024 logo....

If they're not SAD1024's, thanks anyway - I appreciate you thinking of us all.  

I'm working on a source for decently priced MN3010's, TDA1022's, MN3009's, but I'm testing the waters with it (could be one of those places that just list stuff they don't have, grrr.......).  If it pans out, I'll post a link to it for the list.  Right now I've got a request in (sent it Monday) to see if they actually have the goods.  Haven't received a reply yet....(they answered my first general query, this one is specifically to see if they really have those MN3009's).

Take care,
Scott

Peter Snow

Hmmmm....  if you mean there is a little window on top of the chip where you can see a tiny square of material, I would say it is more likely to be an EPROM.  If it is a BBD I think it should have "SAD1024" written on it in full.  I have never seen one with a "gap" or "window" on it.

Good luck,

Peter
Remember - A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Peter Snow

Hey Scott!  Are you using that mind reading thingy on me again? :D  :lol:  
but you are obviously a faster typer than I am.

Peter
Remember - A closed mouth gathers no foot.

MattAnonymous

Well, sorry for the false alarm.  I'll keep an eye out because I'm always looking for stuff everywhere anyway.

Matt