Previous topic - Next topic

Hairston

... when I get an e-mail with the subject:

"Your order from Mouser Electronics has shipped!"

Something happens in my pants.  :P

How many more of you have this problem?

- HB

WGTP

I have been going to ask the question about whether you are automatically a Geek by hanging out here.

I insist that I'm mostly a guitar player, but I can tie my own shoes.

I'm too old for the reaction in the pants, but my heart might go pitter pat. 8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

BDuguay

David

Quote from: Hairston... when I get an e-mail with the subject:

Something happens in my pants.  :P

How many more of you have this problem?

- HB

All right...  you are a geek!
But then, I guess the rest of us are too...   :oops:

ESPguitar

Dji

I just got one of those. Time to change.

vdm

hehe.. maybe not the feeling in the pants... but yes it is exciting  8)

i wouldn't normally call myself a geek... but when it comes to guitars and effects/amps i'm as geek as they come. Not to say i know everything - just that i try to  :roll:

RDV

Mark F

Same Here! Hairston ,I'm from Buffalo too! Do you ever go to Radio Equipment on Vulcan St. for parts? :D

NaBo

Well the whole pants thing is raunchy, but how could any guitar playing individual not get extremely excited over what is essentially buying 20 effects pedals at once?  :D

Hairston

Quote from: Mark FSame Here! Hairston ,I'm from Buffalo too! Do you ever go to Radio Equipment on Vulcan St. for parts? :D
I had no idea there was a local electronics distributor in the area. How well are they stocked? Better than Rat Shack I hope? :D

- HB

ninoman123

mojotron

Quote from: Hairston... when I get an e-mail with the subject:

Something happens in my pants.

Well... I do get excited - ussually because I order something interesting/new everytime.... this last time I got a bunch of 9mm pc mount pots.... Also, I look at that box that shows up as a box full of effects...

What really excites me is getting a really big order and finding that you did not make any mistakes (like acidentally ordering a 200V cap or a bunch of 10W resistors...)...

But, I work with engineers all day... take my word for it - your frame of reference is everything.. Can a Geek know they are a Geek?

I would argue not.... :wink:

WGTP

Geek self awareness? :shock:

I read an article that was saying that in the case of extreme Geekness they have determined that it is a form of Autism.  These folks then get together and joke about how they make everyone else crazy with it.  They also find to their great relief that there is a reason for some of their social interaction difficulties. 8)

I don't think I'm an extreme Geek because I play a smoking guitar, but over the years, I have had to face the facts.  People that can read schematics are highly suspect.  If you know or care what an electron is... if you can calculate something to the 3rd power...  if you read "Popular" something (even if it is at the barber)...  if you go to the barber. :twisted:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Dai H.

mojotron

Quote from: WGTP... I play a smoking guitar...

An input cap might help you with the smoking guitar... (joking...) :lol:

Ya, I've found that no one is going to see you as a geek if you can do a convincing Purple Haze...., but if you substitute in a few Steve Morris licks they will wonder all the more!!  :roll:

David

Quote from: WGTPGeek self awareness? :shock:

I read an article that was saying that in the case of extreme Geekness they have determined that it is a form of Autism.  These folks then get together and joke about how they make everyone else crazy with it.  They also find to their great relief that there is a reason for some of their social interaction difficulties. 8)

Makes a lot of sense to me!  If I'm really involved in something, I totally disconnect from the world.  Then I have to be peeled off the ceiling if I get interrupted.  My wife has been ragging on me for years about how I need to "multitask", as she puts it.  She pulled that again this weekend.  Unfortunately, I blew up and informed her that multitasking was a crock of dung, that computers can't do it, and people can't do it either -- even if they think they can.  Probably not the most politically-expedient thing to say.  She's still mad...

Paul Marossy

Can you elaborate on what is happening in your pants?!  :lol:

ninoman123

Why would u want to know that paul? lol.

QuoteYa, I've found that no one is going to see you as a geek if you can do a convincing Purple Haze

Playing really good guitar and being a stompbox nerd. They even themselves out. But you know...some girls like nerds...take mine for example. She likes geeky talk. Lol.