Small Bear still in business!

Started by k3ithtaylor, March 28, 2005, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Does that mean that when your order starts to arrive with either bits of toilet paper, or marinara sauce, or toothpaste on it, that SBE has "expanded" even more?  :lol:  :lol:

zachary vex

Quote from: ESPguitarHow much do you buy each time zvex?? :wink:

i just said i have purchased 500-1k pieces at a time from small bear.  in some cases, i purchase 10k parts at a time, if it's a good deal... it all depends what my needs are.  for example, i just got in 6,000 10k metal film 1/8 watt resistors for a new project, which i hope will hold me for about 6 months.  at a certain point (i'm making 16+ products now) it all becomes about trying not to run out of anything!  i think that's what happened to Mike Matthews at New Sensor, and it may explain how he ended up in the tube business.

aaronkessman

i just want to chime in briefly to encourage folks to use SBE - recently I ordered some parts for a tremulus lune, including an LED and Silonex LDR. Steve shipped the LED i ordered as well as one of another color saying that it might work better with that LDR and just tack on the price of the 2nd LED to my next order if it does work better.

For not having a lot of time/resources, this was great. i really appreciated the effort that was totally not required at all on his part to help us small-timers out. My whole order was just a few parts and about 20 USD. It might take time, but it's cheap, has everything i need, and Steve is great.

Aaron

DiyFreaque

I've used Small Bear now for going on three years.  I got back into DIY in the spring of 2002, and I immediately was drawn to the PT chips like a magnet.

I've always been very happy with the service - I'd hate to think what life would be like without Small Bear.

Cheers,
Scott

Wild Zebra

I figure that I'll jump in here in hopes that Steve is reading.  I've made a few orders, the first one being before his new cart.  It took awhile, but I received several e-mails assuring it was on the way.  He's even taken the time to answer some simple ?'s that he probably didn't have to answer.  Yeh sometimes I order from other places, but for one-stop-shoping for stompbox building SMALL BEAR ELECTRONICS YOUR THE BEST!!

thanks can't wait to give you more business

"your stripes are killer bro"

Wild Zebra

I figure that I'll jump in here in hopes that Steve is reading.  I've made a few orders, the first one being before his new cart.  It took awhile, but I received several e-mails assuring it was on the way.  He's even taken the time to answer some simple ?'s that he probably didn't have to answer.  Yeh sometimes I order from other places, but for one-stop-shoping for stompbox building SMALL BEAR ELECTRONICS YOUR THE BEST!!

thanks can't wait to give you more business

McFuzz

+1 for Steve & his  bizz. pleasure to chat with. though its been a while. my hopes are  that he continues to gro, with his line of products. bump to ya steve.   bob

Coriolis

Since a lot of people here seem to feel closely connected to Steve and his business, would it be an idea for this forum to host a sort of "Small Bear Product FAQ" ? I mean, a lot, if not all of the questions that would come up about a component is probably answerable by someone here.

Of course, it would be important that such a thread stayed completely un-commercial, and wasn't in anyway subsidized by SB, thus not affecting objectivity... or what?

Don't know how well it would work, but if it could decrease the email load on
Steve a bit, and thereby speeding up shipping to a degree, then it might be worth it...

Just a thought! And btw, I'm expecting a 120$ order myself in a few days!  :D GO BEARS!

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

aron

While I do love Small Bear, I feel it is more appropriate that a Small Bear FAQ appear on the Small Bear website.

Thank you.

R.G.

The real peril here is that Steve has been quite open about how his business is working now. A slimy competitor would browse his web site, get his stock list, order up those parts, and set up shop. Someone with existing buying connections and a marginally running ordering system could grab the business easily at this crucial time.

The business world would view this as normal.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

RDV

Quote from: R.G.The real peril here is that Steve has been quite open about how his business is working now. A slimy competitor would browse his web site, get his stock list, order up those parts, and set up shop. Someone with existing buying connections and a marginally running ordering system could grab the business easily at this crucial time.

The business world would view this as normal.
The market might be big enough at this point though. There's certainly more than one grocery, or auto parts store.

RDV

nelson

Small bear is relatively well established, you pretty much cant go to any stomp box related site without small bear being mentioned, a little competition imo small bear could easily survive from.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Coriolis

QuoteWhile I do love Small Bear, I feel it is more appropriate that a Small Bear FAQ appear on the Small Bear website.

I guess you're right there, Aron. Just got a little over enthusiastic... :wink:
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Perhaps the moderators could change the heading of this thread to
"Small Bear still in business!" because, then nobody would have to read it  :D

k3ithtaylor

I agree.  I would like to modify the title of this thread as suggested.  I did receive my parts as advertised and I am a happy and repeat customer of Small Bear.

Apologies for any confusion or doubt created by my post.  Typically a slow/no response means bad things.  No true in this case.  Small Bear is first class.