What in the hell is the Boss TK-1?!!?

Started by inverseroom, March 28, 2005, 08:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inverseroom

Has anyone ever noticed this?:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Boss/TK_1-01.html

I've been puzzling over it for like a year.  There seems to be no other mention of this pedal anywhere on the internet...yet five people have it and have reviewed it on Harmony-Central.  None of them mention what the effect actually does.

Is this a joke?  Or is it something we can track down and hack?  :twisted:

littlegreiger

I bet its a pedal that someone built in a boss box or one that looks like a boss box because most of the people that reviewed it said that they asked boss for information and they couldn't give them any.

Rodgre

I think it's a joke/hoax. There's no mention of it in the Boss Book, and if it's a rare and sought after prototype, it probably wouldn't be in your uncle's junk box.

Notice how none of the reviews say what it does?  It's got to be a joke.

Roger

inverseroom

Quote from: RodgreI think it's a joke/hoax. There's no mention of it in the Boss Book, and if it's a rare and sought after prototype, it probably wouldn't be in your uncle's junk box.

Notice how none of the reviews say what it does?  It's got to be a joke.

Sometimes I think you're right, other times...

I mean, if it were a joke, people would play up how awesome it is, right?  But while the reviewers seem pretty enthusiastic about it, they say things like "I can get the same sound with other stuff in my rig."  Why pull a hoax unless you're going to make people crazy with desire?

Maybe it's, you know, a subtle hoax.  :?

BTW, Rodgre, I linked to Volcano Boy from my new DIY Music Tech page.

MDUK

Notice also how the first two reviews were submitted on the same day...coincidence?

Probably some guy submitted the first review then went to a message board somewhere with a topic along the lines of "check me out, i'm so funny", then someone else thought they'd join in the fun.

I also think its suspicious that no-one mentions what it does, and that everyone mentions that Boss doesn't know anything about it; in doing this they are shifting the blame to Boss. Covering their ass maybe?

Ge_Whiz

Simple solution - e-mail Behringer and ask when they intend to clone it. You'll be able to buy one by July.  :lol:

dave h.

what on earth could "TK" stand for?
everything else stands for straightforward things.
OD-overdrive
CH-chorus
DD-digital delay
etc.

tk... tone killer?

sir_modulus

Well...according to boss...(my email), it's a ball bearing for all their 1" spindles.....  :?

Curious....indeed..

Nish

Alex C

Quote from: dave h.what on earth could "TK" stand for?  tk... tone killer?
Tube Krusher?
Trash King?
Time Krunch?
Transistor Krash?
Thick Kream?
Tri-knuckle?
Timbre Knob?
Trans-krypton?
Trouble Kick?
Treble Knife?
Trend Kiss?

I've got more if you want.