Moogerfooger 433

Started by soggybag, March 28, 2005, 10:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I can't decide if this is an early april fools joke or a really expensive who knows what?

Moogerfooger MF-433

Rodgre

Gee, I dunno, but you have until APRIL 1 to order one....

(and what makes you think it's an April Fool's Joke?)

Roger

smashinator

Oh MAN that's some funny stuff!!  I'm not going to spoil the joke, but I am very, VERY amused.  

Everyone gets it, right?  

:shock:
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

travissk

Haha :lol:

I'll spoil the joke just in case - (SPOILER WARNING)

it's a reference to John Cage's 4'33" - that song where the pianist sits down and plays "silences of different length" (so they say) for 4 minutes and 33 seconds. What you perceive/hear is chance music of sorts -  the sound of the fans, the other audience members' reactions, etc.

Didn't some punk band cover this as a joke (in the last year or so?) and get sued by Cage's family?

Anyway, time to cue all the true-bypass, silver solder, JRC op-amp mojo, 4'33".808, digitally-modeled version, etc jokes :)

Zero the hero

Hey man here's the schematic.
Notice that I didn't trace the bypass system.

http://utenti.lycos.it/offramp/MF433.gif

Mark Hammer

Quote from: travisskHaha :lol:

I'll spoil the joke just in case - (SPOILER WARNING)

it's a reference to John Cage's 4'33" - that song where the pianist sits down and plays "silences of different length" (so they say) for 4 minutes and 33 seconds. What you perceive/hear is chance music of sorts -  the sound of the fans, the other audience members' reactions, etc.

Didn't some punk band cover this as a joke (in the last year or so?) and get sued by Cage's family?

Anyway, time to cue all the true-bypass, silver solder, JRC op-amp mojo, 4'33".808, digitally-modeled version, etc jokes :)

Excellent call!  I looked at the 4'33" and stupid me, I started trying to figure out how tall someone who was four feet thirty-three inches would be. :oops:

object88

There's also the note that "Bob describes the sound as somewhat 'cagey'"... :D

But Zero... where did you see the LED?  :)

object88

Quote from: travisskDidn't some punk band cover this as a joke (in the last year or so?) and get sued by Cage's family?

That wasn't a punk band, that was Mike Batt, a British composer.  In the end, Batt credited his "One Minute Of Silence" to Batt/Cage, and it apparently includes an entirely difference silence than Cage's.  :)

ninoman123

I wonder what they will do if someone actually tries to order one.  :lol: