OT: Where to get valves in China?

Started by brett, March 29, 2005, 03:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett

Hi.  I'm in Xi'an and going to Beijing tomorrow.  Has anybody bought valves in Beijing (or Jinan or Shanghai, where I'm going next)?
Stuff is so cheap here, it's insane.  DVDs are 2 for US$2.  Rolox watches for $2.50.
Thanks for any help.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

zachary vex

that's because they're Rolox!  8^)

nelson

never heard of counterfeit valves......but I know some valves are made in china.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

bwanasonic

Quote from: brett
Stuff is so cheap here, it's insane.  DVDs are 2 for US$2.  Rolox watches for $2.50.

Ahh, the wonders of slave labor and counterfeiting! Brett, could you get me one those "Somebody went to China, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt made by 6-year olds for $0.25 a week" shirts?  :twisted:

Seriously though, have fun!

Kerry M

brett

QuoteAhh, the wonders of slave labor
Hey, we've all been there...Native americans, Mexicans, Australian aborigines,  african americans, Indians.. It's a long list.

But back to valves.  They make them here, but none of the locals seem to know about them.

cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

brett

I found some cheap tubes in a district just west of the White Pagoda/Bahai Park area.  I think I paid too much, but I got 10 EL84s for 550 RMB (yuan), ($7ea)。
Brett Robinson

WGTP

Check out the Tube Depot, etc.  There are popular Chinese Tubes used by Marshal etc.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

mikeb

Heaps of stuff made in China is for export only; this explains the 'they are made here but no-one knows about them' thing. Can you believe it took me half a day to find a stuffed panda in shops in Shanghai? And even then it was because the stuff was off the 'back of a truck'. ;)

Make sure you checkout, if you can, the Pearl TV tower and Bund in Shanghai and - of course - the food! Chinese food in Australia will never be as satisfying again .. :)

Mike