Darn it. I still like to buy pedals....

Started by aron, March 29, 2005, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

petemoore

Well if the order can be filled quickly, you'd probably have exactly 'that' in a few days. DIYing a replica could take a bit longer.
 It would be cool to just have 'someone elses' premium toy !!  :D  Not like you seem to need encouragement, but I'd like to hear a clip and crotique of it !!! ... maybe a couple more pics...
 Outward appearances are great, I like the knobs on the front side and remote switching, the contents and text: [power supply Incld.] 'Gain Bass Mid Treble Volume' I guess is all you really need to know prior to owning one...I didn't see any hints as to what in it.
 ...it's a curse you see, the curiosity thing, feeding it input only makes it grow...now, it's at the point where, as soon as I see a box...I think...I wonder what's in there...can I figurethat out without opening it?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Peter Snowberg

To have a pedal built by the guy who made the American Woman sound would be very cool indeed! 8)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

sir_modulus

Hey! I met that guy! Good old Gar (he lives in winnpeg too...so =P I'm not the only Winnipegger who likes building amps!!!!! MWAHAHAHA (too bad he's amazing...and I suck!))

Cheers,

Nish

aron

I just got his book on amps. I'm wondering how good that pedal migh† be..... :?:

object88

Quote from: aronI just got his book on amps.

Not to jump topics, but I'd love you hear your take on said book when you've given it a good reading.

Peter Snowberg

That book is on my to-buy-in-the-near-future list. :D

I would love to hear what you think of it too, Aron.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Paul Marossy

What is it supposed to do? Is it a tube preamp like the McTube or something?

jmusser

So, is this the "Hertzog" guy? Man, that guys been making amps for quite a spell! Is this a tube unit too? I've been a Bachman fan forever, and a Guess Who and BTO fan. I believe Randy took the Hertzog with him to BTO, because I can hear some of the in their songs too.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

aron

Yep, same guy. 4 all tube gain stages in there.

AL

Well, I've never heard one bad word about his amps. That's gotta be a good sign.  8)

AL

Gilles C

I would love to read your comments about it.

But the rumours are that you would need a Garnet amp to match it...

Are you ready for that???

Mike Burgundy

Hmmm...Footswitch not included. Does that still count as a pedal?
What if I put my rack on the floor?
;)
:twisted: