Dunlop Rotovib Build

Started by Ripper, March 31, 2005, 12:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripper

Anyone ever try to build a Dunlop Rotovib?  I'm curious, it's a pedal that I love and I think building one would be great.
Thanks
Ripper

Johan

I have one of those and i like it too..never seen a schematic for it but I believe its just a 4 stage optical phacer with the capasitors being different for each stage..its quite complex when you look at the pcb and I havnt heard of anyone tracing it, so perhaps you should look at the easyvibe. that one is also a 4 stage optical phacer with different caps for each stage. there is even a layout over at geofex that have been used by many, myself included..THANK'S R.G. so its veryfied to work. my rotovibe is a little dirtier sounding than the easyvibe I buillt, dont know why, but othervise I can get the same sounds and feel with either..

johan
DON'T PANIC

Ripper

Thanks Johan,
I will check out the easyvibe.  I love the sound of the rotovibe too.  I have always meant to pick one up but never have.

bryantabuteau

maybe i should sit down and trace my rotovibe.  Waiting on parts for some other pedals, so I don't have much to do :)
I tried tracing out a little switchmode adapter the other day, man i hate SMT.

sir_modulus

I'd be interested...go for it!

bryantabuteau

Getting there, got it all traced out, now i need to get it into the computer, there'll be a few bits missing (some unlabeled cap values mainly, cause I'm not up to desoldering things on my working vibe to test them :))

Any suggestions for entering the schematic on the computer?  something that I could put the components in and wire it up and then move the bits around with the junctions staying together would be nice, since I really am only a beginner, and wouldn't know anything about laying out a schematic properly :)  being able to reposition sections would be quicker for getting a nice readable layout.

Johan

Quote from: bryantabuteau

Any suggestions for entering the schematic on the computer?  something that I could put the components in and wire it up and then move the bits around with the junctions staying together would be nice, since I really am only a beginner, and wouldn't know anything about laying out a schematic properly :)  being able to reposition sections would be quicker for getting a nice readable layout.

try finding a clean, easy to read schematic with as many as possible of all the electronic symbols, open it in mspaint ( if you use windows ) cut and paste...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

n8b

You could try tinycad:

http://tinycad.sourceforge.net/

I've used it to do amps schematics. Or, if you can scan the drawing, I could put it into tinycad.

nate