For a minute i thought i owned Tony Blairs footpedal

Started by leonhendrix, March 31, 2005, 08:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonhendrix

This sounds totally weird and stupid but yes for a minute i thought i had in my hands a pedal that used to belong to PM tony blair.

some people might have seen the footage of him playing his fender strat and i think he used to be in band years ago.

well the pedal i got is a marshall supa wah with no guts when looking at i noticed some writing scratched into the inside of the bottomplate which u can only see in a certain light.

the first thing i noticed was these two lines which say this

may god bless all who sale in her amen

and may all the birds of pardise fly up your nose (weird)

then it had the name Anthony Blair which is what tony is short for then it had the date of birth, it said september 1952 but tony blair was born in 1953  :roll:

it also has the address of the original owner

so its not PM Tony Blairs pedal, oh well

leon

dr

....I once bought a silver grey Fuzzface (still have it) that has a "JH" scratched into the bottom plate...they were more happy to get rid of it than keep it...I found out some years later that the pedal had been stolen by one of our local colorful light fingered characters that he stole it while he was helping out roadies at a show...his (the character I'm referring to) are JP....he says he doesn't remember if he scratched his initials into it or not, he thinks he did......it doesn't have the germanium type transistors in it- I think they are silicons......it sounds like shit, but it may belong to Jack Shit because the "H" looks more like a laying-down "S" than an "H".....

Mark Hammer

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George believes he has purchased the used car formerly belonging to the actor John Voight (Angelina Jolie's dad).

sir_modulus

LMAO!!! That was the best...ahh the wonders of Kramer....or as some call him, Steven Spadolsky!! (UNCLE NUTZIES FUNHOUSE!!!!)...ahh...UHF...more than just nerd talk... :D

Cheers,

Nish

DiyFreaque

QuoteI once bought a silver grey Fuzzface (still have it) that has a "JH" scratched into the bottom plate

LOL, the first thing I thought was 'Wow, he got Juergen Haible's Fuzz Face", then I thought....oh, yeah.... :oops:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

[quote="DiyFreaqueLOL, the first thing I thought was 'Wow, he got Juergen Haible's Fuzz Face", then I thought....oh, yeah.... :oops:[/quote]

:lol:
as for Tony Blair's pedal, that would be a 'slow gear', or possibly a 'reverse' pedal. A 'brake' at least.

I've sold pedals to Brian May (no, the other one.. in fact, the 'other other' one) and Richard James (also the other one). I'm set, though, if I ever need an endorsement!

NaBo

I once bought a guitar for 25$ for parts for a high school project... it had "KoRn" (or however they spell it) scratched into the pickguard.  ... ... ... That's it.  That's all I have to say.  ...  True story!!!  8)