Stereo Leslie Effect

Started by JimKo, April 01, 2005, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimKo

OK. I'm looking for some suggestions.  I just finished breadboarding R.G. Keen's LERA project.  It worked very well when connect to my MXR Phase 90.  However,  What I'm hoping to do is this.

I'm using a Roland GR1 guitar synth which has the cababilities of stereo output for the synth sounds.  The Organ sounds are great except for the lack of Leslie control.  That's where the Phase 90/LERA come in.  The only problem is how do I make the combined circuit stereo?

I was even thinking of building the Small Stone Clone found on GGG and incorporating the LERA circuit.  But I still don't know how to make the thing stereo.

Anyone have any ideas?  

The combination sounds as close to a real leslie as I can get without buying the real thing.

JimKo

What?  No one has any ideas?
:shock:

moosapotamus

Well, this kind of stuff has seen a few discussions.
Have you tried UTSF - using the search function 8)

Also, not completely clear what you mean by, "the combined circuit." What do you want to mod and connect to what where how? Since the GR1 already has stereo outputs, I'm guessing you want to mod the P90/LERA and go... guitar > GR1 > P90/LERA > amp or recorder?

If you just want to convert your P90 to have stereo outputs, check out mods in the small clone project at tonepad.com for one idea. Simpler would be to just have the dry signal on one output and the P90/LERA effect output on the other, for a kind of pseudo-stereo sound.

If you want true stereo input AND output for the P90/LERA, that might be a bit more involved. I'd suggest trying P90/LERA on only one output of your GR1, with the other output going straight to your amp (bypassing the P90/LERA), and just see what that sounds like. That might get you most of what you're looking for.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

David

Quote from: JimKoWhat?  No one has any ideas?
:shock:

But of course, mon ami!  I always have ideas -- it's just they're not always good.  However, I have an idea that this link might help you:

http://tremolo.elektroda.net/Efekty/Retrostereo.jpg

JimKo

OK.

Thanks for the responses.  For a moment, I thought I was all alone.  I tried using the search tool but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I knew someone in this forum would have an answer.

thanks again. :P

Ben N

Hey, David, thanks!  I lost my copy of that GP with the RetroStereo, so you just got it back for me.  

BTW, you can find an implementation of essen6tially the same idea in the DOD 565 Stereo Chorus.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER