Baa Baa Cap error on layout

Started by soggybag, April 02, 2005, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I'm building the Baa Baa and there is a problem with the caps values listed.

C2 is listed as 47u
C6 is listed as 1u
C18 is listed as 47u

GGG says the following about the PDF:
  3. Layout has C2 labeled as C6 (in the middle of the board between Q1 and Q2. The real C6 is below that (see next item)
  4. Layout has C6 and C18 mixed up, but they are the same value, so no harm there.

If this is correct then C6 and C 18 should be next to each other at the bottom of the layout, since C2 is in the middle, but C6 and C18 are listed as different values?

I'm guessing that C6 should be 47u, can anyone confirm that for me?

I found a schematic of the Bee Baa here http://members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/beebaa/af100.html. According to this schematic there is only 1 47u cap (C18) and there is no 47u cap where C6 is shown in the Baa Baa schematic? Any illumination greatly appreciated.

thanks

Dan N

On some BeeBaas there is an extra cap soldered to the back of the board (B+ to ground). Mine did not have it so I don't know the value, but it's a big guy. The second C6 (next to C18) can be whatever you want to add for extra PS filtering. 47uf would be fine. 100uf would be fine. C18 is 47uf.

The 3 caps from emitter to ground are 10uf, and the coupling caps are all 1uf.

The uzzfay schematic has .022 for the tone pot (C17) and leaves off C10. It was a great sounding unit and I trust these values.

Good luck!

soggybag

Thanks for the reply I think that clears it up for me.