Ummmm.... Dragonfly

Started by vortex, April 02, 2005, 02:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortex

Hi Andrew,
I have thought about posting this a few times but tonight  finally I am goofing around with the "Parallel Universe" vero and am losing time on this.
Don't get me wrong, I am extremely thankful for your time and effort, but the input/output jack connections are hard to read on your layouts.
Perhaps in the future you could orient the "hot" pin 180 degrees so that it connected directly with the switch and the ring/ ground connections would be more obvious.
Maybe I am the only one to have trouble with this, but this has come up a few times for me.
As always, thanks!

Alpha579

pm him next time, its more efficient...
Alex Fiddes

Dragonfly

Quote from: vortexHi Andrew,
I have thought about posting this a few times but tonight  finally I am goofing around with the "Parallel Universe" vero and am losing time on this.
Don't get me wrong, I am extremely thankful for your time and effort, but the input/output jack connections are hard to read on your layouts.
Perhaps in the future you could orient the "hot" pin 180 degrees so that it connected directly with the switch and the ring/ ground connections would be more obvious.
Maybe I am the only one to have trouble with this, but this has come up a few times for me.
As always, thanks!

they read just like a "real" input or output jack....

tip....closest to the "outside" of the jack (where the cable actually plugs in

ring....middle lug

sleeve....furthest "inside" ...
--------------------------------------------------
reading from right to left....

so, if the jack is facing to the left (input jack), its tip-ring-sleeve

if its the output jack (facing right), its sleeve-tip

-----------------------------------------------------

the grounds always go to the Z"sleeve", which is the fruthest inside...the ins/outs always go to the "tip"...and the battery connects to the "ring (middle on input jack)

hope this helps,
  andy