INTRODUCING JOSHUA & DRAGONFLY MESS OVERDRIVE

Started by j0shua, April 02, 2005, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0shua

IM JUST FINISH THE OVERDRIVE WHIT DRAGONFLY'S HELP . I PUT SOUND DEMO LATER PLEASE STANDBY .....

HERE IS THE DRAW ........

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album02/messover

ENJOY!

j0shua

Dragonfly

aw, heck....its really Joshua's idea and design...i simply suggested a possible little "tweak" here or there...but Joshua is the brains behind this one ! :)

andy

j0shua

the idea of the SW caps is yours so you have credits :) ...... im not do alone hehe

Dragonfly

Quote from: j0shuathe idea of the SW caps is yours so you have credits :) ...... im not do alone hehe

btw....thats a GREAT sounding clip !!!

youre one heck of a player !

andy

j0shua

thanks, but many of my students play better than me, those kids have more time for practice and more technologym you know  powertab, guitarpro software etc......

:)

did you check the schematics i send you ?

Dragonfly

Quote from: j0shuathanks, but many of my students play better than me, those kids have more time for practice and more technologym you know  powertab, guitarpro software etc......

:shock:

did you check the schematics i send you ?
the only thing i got was the link to "the mess" ....did you send it to my email or my pm box ?

andy

j0shua

yes but don't worry i pm you again whit the link :)

Dragonfly

Quote from: j0shuayes but don't worry i pm you again whit the link :)
cool....thanks !

j0shua

Alpha579

Alex Fiddes

j0shua

Quote from: Alpha579lol, you love them LM386's eh?  :)

hehe well i buy a bunch of LM386 , that IC is very friendly and easy to handle and play ..... it's very very usefull , but i have another IC JRC386
i dunno why but the tone of this is better than the LM386 from National Semiconductors .....

JRC386 is better for effect than LM386 and appears to be the same circuit on DATA sheet ........

j0shua

Btw im working on the most agressive distortion from LM386 , i try to put some OCTAVE CONTROL or COMPRESSOR .... my idea whit pots is this :

LOW, MID , BASS, TREBLE, VOLUME, GAIN, *OCTAVE( COMPRESSOR) & DRIVE

ANY IDEA IS WELLCOME :)

j0shua

aligindausa

i have one question about the mess overdrive . All the pots i have are logarithmic , is there any problem with that . thanks in advance

Kearns892

I can't bring up the schematic, but yes logarithmic taper pots will work fine, however, in situations that call for linear taper, the pots will probably not give a smooth result (i.e. the difference from 3 o'clock to 4 o'clock may seem abrupt compared to say 11 o'clock to 12 o'clock, or the first half of the rotation may have little overall affect on the sound)

For more information, as always, GEOFX http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm

aligindausa

Thank you for your help kearn . I'll give it a try